PDA

View Full Version : wd The Camden Brewery. Started with several of their lagers (it was a warm summer night, ale-heads)

Ashberto
06-21-2013, 12:39 PM
then noticed their Stout and had rather a lot of them as well. Both were very good.

Ended up in some pub near Carnaby Street watching a very decent blues band till the wee hours, then staggered to Tottingham Court Road where BK was obligingly still open, and when I came out, life-saving burger in-hand, my bus immediately arrived to take me to my door. Hurrah!

Embarrassing hangover moment: email arrived today saying that I woke early and was babbling incoherently before falling back to sleep. I have no recollection of that. http://www.awimb.com/images/smiley_icons/ohwell.gif

Curly
06-21-2013, 12:45 PM
Waking up in Letterkenny hospital fúcking DYING.
Apparently I drank a pint of vodka in one go.
Little while later the bouncers spied me being v v drunk and followed me into the bogs,where I proceeded to pish into my hands and throw it at them
:-(
Was able to eat a satsuma 3 days later :-( :-(

Pat Vegas
06-21-2013, 12:45 PM
I visited Camden Market etc last Saturday and was most impressed.

If you ignore all the tourist shops and light up t-shirts and weed paraphernalia you can find some great stuff. Plenty of cool somewhat over priced old fashioned signs to be purchased.

Though there was a bloke selling old toys and he kicked me out of his little kiosk I called him a c**t. I don't normally act this way but he was complete arsehole.

Luis Anaconda
06-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Had a few nice ales in Highgate last week. The Hightower in the Bull was particularly nice. Would have given you a rung but my family seemed intent on spending time with me - strange lot

Brentwood
06-21-2013, 12:47 PM
enter

They don't like people going in and taking photographs, even though there's not much worth buying

Ashberto
06-21-2013, 12:50 PM
her dad drinking a pint of rum in one go, and the subsequent effects of this.

I said I was amazed how anyone who liked their drink and knew a bit about it could do such a thing. Seems I was wrong.

Pat Vegas
06-21-2013, 12:50 PM
as I got a load of them somewhere at my parents place in a box.

He said can I help you. I said just having a look.

'Don't touch anything!' When everybody else was clearly touching everything. 'OK I am closing now'

'I said fine goodbye' he started mumbling and moaning so I told him good luck selling your little ****ty toys you c**t. bit out of character for me but I am losing my patience with rude people.

As I walked around again he wasn't closing. I should thrown his toys out of his pram.

Curly
06-21-2013, 12:51 PM
5 pints now and I'm rightly :cheapdate:

Brentwood
06-21-2013, 12:53 PM

Ashberto
06-21-2013, 12:58 PM
and that I actually used to get much of my Christmas shopping in the market. The whole stables market area has an interesting history, with the canal and railway.

Because the railway had to go under the Hampstead Road than over the canal, Euston was built very low (that's why you go down the ramps to the platform), but at first the locomotives were to weak to pull the carriages up the gradient. So a huge winching engine was installed near where Morrisons is now to pull the trains up the hill. People used to watch this (possibly even buying tickets) from the balcony of a nearby pub, which I believe to be the Lock Tavern.

Ashberto
06-21-2013, 01:01 PM
I still buy novelty xmas gifts like lighty-up wine glasses in there.

The Clash used to rehearse in that building in the 70's, and the ramp opposite it is where the photo for the sleeve of their first album was taken.

Jake
06-21-2013, 01:12 PM

Classic Jorge
06-21-2013, 01:26 PM
used to get good flyers for decent trance nights in there

Snin
06-21-2013, 01:38 PM
so often on a week night at 1am after work drinks in soho..only place that would let you in batteredand guaranteed to get easy drugs inside...was well wrong that place

Classic Jorge
06-21-2013, 01:40 PM

Snin
06-21-2013, 01:47 PM
bloke..abolute dirty carnage..eyes like saucers rubbing up what i hope now were women / girls over 16...tho maybe i was rubbing you up ..who knows..messy dirty drug addled times