PDA

View Full Version : Tsonga knocks federer out in three sets

modd
06-04-2013, 04:14 PM
think federer near the point of retirement in my view. Looks past it now

Tsonga is good player but whoever wins out of semi between him and ferrer will have little chance vs novak and rafa in the final

novak vs rafa semi will decides who wins the french open. without a shadow of a doubt

SOLMAN(read by millions)
06-04-2013, 05:14 PM

eastgermanautos
06-04-2013, 07:47 PM
The place where it all started.

modd
06-04-2013, 07:58 PM
sets in quater final is a telling sign.

The fact he also took two months off mid season said to me he thinking of moving on from the sport. The day he retires which is not far off will be a very sad for not just tennis but sport in general. :-(

eastgermanautos
06-04-2013, 08:28 PM

modd
06-04-2013, 08:43 PM
at his peak . Nadal, murray and novak all wonderful players but their never be as elegant players to watch as roger has been.

Sport will miss him big time when he goes .

LDB.
06-05-2013, 06:34 AM
that has given federer problems in the past, including beating him at wimbledon.

But I don't get all this talk that he should retire. Clearly he's not at the level he once was but he's still making a handsome living from the game for his young family and if he is still enjoying his tennis why shouldn't he keep playing for as long as he wants?

modd
06-05-2013, 12:01 PM
and he still a good player despite being well short of the player he once was. it was no suprise that tsonga beat him yesterday really.

But i just can,t see how he will keep being motivated to play if he becomes at best a 4th round or quater final player. when you been a winner like he has been i can,t see him happy being a journeyman on tour

also he hardly needs the money as he a muti millionaire. personally think he want to get to stage when he kids having a stable life not travelling all around the world.

so i think although he carry on as long as he wants, i doubt he be around for much longer due to motivation of not wanting to be also ran for too long