PDA

View Full Version : Concerts at the Emirates are just weird. It's very strange to see the stadium in such a way.

Pat Vegas
06-03-2013, 07:44 AM
Everyone relaxed. The Stewards don't give a ****. You can go down the players tunnel as an exit. Or even exit through the car park. It was pretty much do whatever you f**king like.

Drink everywhere. I even had a couple of sneaky cigarettes on the pitch. so I can cross that off my list of unusual achievements.

Very odd experience.

Rich
06-03-2013, 08:21 AM
Also, what are your thoughts on women who smoke? I have a real aversion to it (especially if I see them as someone I want to be with). It must be something psychological but I really don't like it.

ROSSCO DISCO
06-03-2013, 08:23 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/cooper-and-ali-s-wo rld-title-fight (http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/cooper-and-ali-s-world-title-fight)

Pat Vegas
06-03-2013, 08:23 AM
but generally true.

I should give up yes. but It's impossible Rich. the physical and mental withdrawals are mental. Ideally I would be locked away for 3 weeks and then I would be fine but in today's world it's not possible.

Maravilloso Marvo
06-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Unless it is a beautiful continental chick smoking one of those really thin girly cigarettes and blowing the smoke in a sexual way. Then I might be tempted.

Pat Vegas
06-03-2013, 08:25 AM
But when I didn't used to smoke I would notice it and as Rich says it was a bit horrible.

Hendon Gooner (Only Easy Day Was Yesterday))
06-03-2013, 08:46 AM
Did they do most of the songs from the Uno Duo Tres albums or more from American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown?

Brentwood
06-03-2013, 08:46 AM
They have had years to perfect how to engage in small talk with strangers, and stand outside ten times a day with anyone from the cleaners to the company CEO, listening to all the company gossip.

Maravilloso Marvo
06-03-2013, 08:48 AM
But it was a bit tricky for me to have too much of an issue about it.

Pat Vegas
06-03-2013, 08:51 AM
What was a bit annoying is they kept stopping during songs messing about then carrying on the song. I don't mind it but they must have done this about 10 times. Bringing on fans to the stage or just saying Hooooooo heeyyyy to the crowd.

Didn't like the end of show I don't think Brutal love was the best song to pick. But overall I think they don't suit a stadium gig. I'd have preferred a smaller venue.

Other notes.
I didn't like All time low at all. Bit boring. Sounded like New Found Glory but not as good.

Kaiser cheifs on the other hand who I don't like that much were very good imo. Professionals.

99 Revolutions
Know Your Enemy
Stay the Night
Stop When the Red Lights Flash
Letterbomb
Oh Love
Holiday
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Burnout
Welcome to Paradise
Going to Pasalacqua
Brain Stew
St. Jimmy
When I Come Around
Longview
Basket Case
She
King for a Day
Shout
X-Kid
Minority

Encore:

American Idiot
Jesus of Suburbia
Brutal Love

Pat Vegas
06-03-2013, 08:52 AM
I met my girlfriend that way really. Though she hardly smokes now.
She was new but in the office it wasn't really a chance to talk to her that much but she started coming for a smoke with me at lunchtimes and that was that.

Pat Vegas
06-03-2013, 08:53 AM

Mc Gooner
06-03-2013, 09:18 AM