PDA

View Full Version : Palace deserved to win the play off final

modd
05-27-2013, 09:07 PM
Better team on the day and zaha was their best player by a mile. Watford did not turn up and really only caused palace worries in last five mintues of extra time.

Good to see kevin philips score. Really top striker who from sounds of his interview finished his carrier in the right way. I am remeber watching him when i was 17 in 2000 when we drew 2-2 with sunderland . I admired up close how smart an good a player he was then.

Ian hollway is a good manager but i think he be exposed in the premiership again. Gets his teams playing good football but never get them to be secure at the back.

Palace will struggle still to stay up unless they bring in some real quality to replace likes of zaha

anyway not a classic game but well done to both clubs making for good atmosphere at wembley.

7evens
05-27-2013, 09:41 PM
Good to see them back.
I've somehow never been able to take Watford seriously.

modd
05-27-2013, 09:47 PM
wrightly before he joined us. Gareth southgate was also quite good for them. Enjoyed the league cup semi final battles in 1993. Always great away trip to selhurst park. Proper ground. :-)

Watford are still decent club and still ok away trip but their further away so perfer palace today. If that makes me sound lazy then so be it . :hehe:

Hendon Gooner (Only Easy Day Was Yesterday))
05-27-2013, 10:06 PM
As long as they buy wisely - they could have a good chance of staying up.

This could be the making of Palace - what with all the money that they will get with the new Premiership money.

The Tony
05-27-2013, 10:07 PM

modd
05-27-2013, 10:09 PM
making some fantastic saves for them all season. Well done to a very good man. :-)

modd
05-27-2013, 10:11 PM
to be in the premiership right now. Like the palace owner said on sky if they spend some dosh and improve the team they got a chance of staying UP. a few seasons in premiership and they could be where swansea and west brom are now.

So great news for palace and good to see them back in the big time. Proper football club.

I fell sorry for watford and zola after all their effects this season but hope for their sake they give it good go in championship next season to try to make it into the premiership. Also a great club.