PDA

View Full Version : in other news..i found this odd from my competitor..SAP in autism recruitment drive

Snin
05-22-2013, 08:09 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22621829

now im not sure if its because its a german company..? or something..but seems an odd thing to promote..as its not saying they are normal but in fact ....odd...

"German software company SAP says it hopes to recruit hundreds of people with autism, saying they have a unique talent for information technology.

The firm said that by 2020, 1% of its global workforce of 65,000 employees would be people with autism.

Autism is a developmental disorder that can cause problems with social interaction and physical behaviour.

However, some people with the condition are highly intelligent and have a keen attention to detail.

SAP executive Luisa Delgado said the company believed that "innovation comes from the edges".

She added: "Only by employing people who think differently and spark innovation will SAP be prepared to handle the challenges of the 21st Century."

Harry Balls
05-22-2013, 08:54 PM

Nicosia Gooner
05-22-2013, 09:11 PM

Snin
05-22-2013, 09:37 PM
specials worth experimenting on imo...just a weird thing to use as publicity

Snin
05-22-2013, 09:38 PM

Nicosia Gooner
05-22-2013, 09:54 PM
they are a special case, they are people with special needs.

I know, have been working with autistic people for many years, I have dedicated the rest of my years on helping them in anyway I can.

For me what SAP have done is fantastic, hopefully its for the right reason. I am hoping other companies will do the same and not just for autistic people but all people with special needs.

Since my early retirement I have joined Mencap and that has really opened my eyes, I was shocked at how little is being done to help special needs people

Snin
05-22-2013, 10:47 PM