PDA

View Full Version : Interesting view from an Arsenal fan who has given up on the club

Nicosia Gooner
05-22-2013, 08:01 PM
I am not posting a link as the **** does not deserve any hits but have a look especially at this paragraph

"On a personal note, I have now decided to give up watching Arsenal completely. This will give me an opportunity to use my footballing free time a lot more productively by watching more entertaining games in either England or abroad, or some non-league and lower league football.

I want to get back to enjoying football and being entertained by it.

My love for Arsenal will never die, but as there is no end in sight to Wenger’s perverted management, I’m suspending my relationship with the club. He may not leave, but I’m leaving."

Laughable scenes at St. James’s Park on Sunday, when after beating Newcastle Wenger and his players jumped up and down with uncontrollable joy.

After the game, Wenger reflected to heap praise on his players for their “exceptional attitude and determination”, pacifying his own failure to come remotely close to winning a trophy by reinventing the word “reward”, which he mentioned five times.

Indeed, in scenes reminiscent of golden victories almost a decade ago, one might think Arsenal had achieved something remarkable! Unfortunately, however, football’s governing bodies thought otherwise. Either that or they seemed to have made the mistake of forgetting to bring the champagne, ribbons and a trophy.

There wasn’t any of course, because all Arsenal had achieved was finishing……… fourth.

According to Wenger, his incredible group of dedicated players had “overcome so many storms”, no doubt referring to the last 10 games of the season. On closer inspection, not so impressive, as Arsenal rarely convinced in beating all three relegated teams, 5th bottom Newcastle, Norwich (1 win in 15 prior to playing Arsenal), Swansea (whose form nosedived both prior to and after winning the League Cup), West Brom (2 wins in last 11 games) and Fulham (1 win in last 9 games).

The only two games where Arsenal played a decent side, they stunk the place out and drew at home to Everton and a demotivated Man Utd, who’d already wrapped up the title.

This is the most outstanding group of players I’ve ever had, Wenger remarked in a twisted plea for clemency.

Sunday’s scenes were plain embarrassing and indicative of just how low Wenger and his supporters have sunk, but I suppose when you spend thousands of pounds and hours making excuses for mediocrity, you have to create a big event to justify it.

Fourth place is now the Wenger fans’ big event, and if Arsenal finished 6th they’d no doubt make a big event out of qualifying for the UEFA Cup too.

For the final time under this manager, it’s up to yours truly to spell out the realities of his abject performance and another derisible season; the worst since Wenger took over the club. Show me another season where the Frenchman has spent over 50m only to achieve the absolute bare minimum of scraping fourth place on the last day, got dumped from the Champions League in the knockout round and was totally humiliated in the domestic cups by Blackburn and Bradford – one of the worst results in Arsenal’s history.

Watching Wenger trying to turn that into something to be proud of - some pyrrhic victory - is an insult to all right-thinking Gooners. Meanwhile, “The club is ready to deliver,” says Ivan Gazidis in a statement that quite deliberately says everything and nothing.

The fact is, Arsenal is now the epitome of mediocrity, nowhere near competing for a title and Wenger will not do enough to make them title contenders – I guarantee it. Forget Champions League, that’s even harder to win when you’ve got his history and nothing that even vaguely resembles tactics.

I reckon all of Arsenal’s rivals will improve next season more than Arsenal need to improve.

On a personal note, I have now decided to give up watching Arsenal completely. This will give me an opportunity to use my footballing free time a lot more productively by watching more entertaining games in either England or abroad, or some non-league and lower league football.

I want to get back to enjoying football and being entertained by it.

My love for Arsenal will never die, but as there is no end in sight to Wenger’s perverted management, I’m suspending my relationship with the club. He may not leave, but I’m leaving.

Wenger is dead as far as I’m concerned, and the club is dead in real terms. From that perspective, I’m drawing a line in the sand after this post. Arsenal’s board and manager might refuse to move on, but I finally am – and, sad though it is, I’m proud I have the principles and strength of mind to sacrifice over 30 years of support to put behind me a regime that’s done absolutely nothing in the last five years but lie, conceal and obfuscate, then pat each other on the back while shovelling supporters’ money into their own pockets.

The blog itself will be condensed into a concise archive based upon what I consider to be my most relevant posts over the past three and a half years – you may have noticed some old posts mistifyingly reappearing on NewsNow.

Naturally, what I write about will also be changing, but I’m not quite sure what about yet. Furthermore, all future comments to Arsenal Truth will need to be intelligent, well written and interesting enough for me to respond to whatever the subject matter. Those posters I’ve grown to like and respect are always free to write in; everybody else will need to give me something to think about within the first five to ten words or their comment goes straight in the bin.

For regulars of the site, thank you for your support and comments on Arsenal Truth both this season and in seasons past.

Snin
05-22-2013, 08:05 PM
:rubchin: and football ? confused imo

halfsharkalligatorhalfman
05-22-2013, 08:09 PM

Nicosia Gooner
05-22-2013, 08:10 PM

Peeler
05-22-2013, 08:11 PM

Nicosia Gooner
05-22-2013, 08:18 PM

Gunner Since Time Began - born to moan
05-22-2013, 08:25 PM

Nicosia Gooner
05-22-2013, 08:26 PM

Classic Jorge
05-22-2013, 08:27 PM

Snin
05-22-2013, 08:31 PM

Snin
05-22-2013, 08:35 PM

Nicosia Gooner
05-22-2013, 08:37 PM

Snin
05-22-2013, 08:40 PM

Harry Balls
05-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Prolly can't afford the renewal, so he's on a justification drive for not showing up anymore.

The Tony
05-22-2013, 08:50 PM
Them playing in the final even more of a joke....fans cheering and celebrating because the got a corner kick with 10 minutes left....shockingly bad.

But plenty to be happy with....last 10 games was the form u need to win the league....players are a true team now....just need 1 absolutely lethal **** hot goalscorer....

Stroller
05-22-2013, 09:29 PM

ITSUPFORGRABSNOW
05-23-2013, 08:20 AM
Complete tosser of the highest order. What disturbs me are the number of people who add comments agreeing and congratulating him.