PDA

View Full Version : he thing about Rosicky is....

devongunner
05-20-2013, 06:29 PM
he may not have started much, he may not have many assists or goals but we always looked much better when he was playing. Is there a table for assists of assists?

Classic Jorge
05-20-2013, 06:35 PM
That's basically attempted assists

Chief Arrowhead
05-20-2013, 06:49 PM
You'd love baseball, mate.

Classic Jorge
05-20-2013, 07:24 PM
Well, I say watched it, I basically fell asleep about half an hour in.

The thing with Baseball, like cricket, is that you have to have a ridiculous attention span for it to appeal to you.

Fortunately Baseball seems more of an everyman sport though, cricket is basically toffs in knitwear standing about comparing what counties they own.

Chief Arrowhead
05-20-2013, 08:10 PM
It's one of those things everyone did as a kid. Girls play softball also. So everyone can relate to the guy standing at the plate trying to hit the ball, or the fielder having to catch a fly ball or field the grounder and throw to first base. Many women are more rabid about baseball than men are. Slightly less than half the crowd at a ball game are women, I'd say.

Also, they play every day so each season is like a soap opera with all kinds of stories going on with all 32 teams. that's just the Majors.

It has a lot of the same parochial instincts and psychological genetics ingrained in Americans that soccerball has for you English types.

Moneyball had some "deep baseball" stuff that the casual fan would not understand. For them they had Brad Pitt to look at.