PDA

View Full Version : Plastic review of last season

Harry Balls
05-20-2013, 04:54 PM
Okay, here's how it looked from the telly. I didn't include anyone that didn't get a decent run in the team.

Chesney. Fair season, good keeper but not as good as his ego tells him he is. Benefited from being sidelined for a couple of games recently. Can be flat-footed at times.

Sagna. Good defender, but past his peak and it shows when going forward. Thanks for the memories.

Per. Tactically sound, and very experienced. Lack of pace catches him out a few times a season, but we're undeniably better with him than without. Helped shore up our defence.

Tommy V. Shocked we dropped him, but he was struggling. Hope the big fella gets his form back. Poor season for the club captain. My missus still wants to bang him.

Kos. Coming into his own, along with Gibbs as our most improved players. Reminds me of Alan Hansen when he brings the ball out from the back.

Gibbs. Getting better and better. Surprised me that he's holding Monreal out of the team, but it's warranted on recent displays.

Monreal. Diamond buy. Added quality and competition for Gibbs. He's got it. Maybe we can stick Gibbs ahead of Monreal, on the wing?

Ox. Disappointing season with more opportunities than it seemed (17 starts and 16 sub appearances). A return of only 2 goals tells the story. Hoping for more from him. Could do with a run in his favoured position.

Theo. Either on fire, or on the rag. Thankfully, mostly on fire this season. He'll continue to draw criticism, but when he's on form, he's unplayable.

Pod. His goals and assists suggest he's a much better player than he looks at times. Arshavin with motivation. His big-game experience makes him good for the balance of the team. Might do better off the wing, as he doesn't have that type of pace, but good first season and let's hope he stays.

Arteta. Asked to do a holding role, which doesn't really suit his abilities or age. Consistent performer, consummate pro, but offering very little going forward because of his role. Winding down on a good career, would love to see him get a trophy before we toss him out.

Diaby. Oh dear. They shoot horses for less. Stop loss.

Santi. Love the fella, and the way he plays the game and his energy. Quality player, great first season. You feel there's a lot more to come from him. I think he played every game?

Ramsey. Started pony, but has had several strong games recently. Hope for his sake he can keep his form, hats off to him as he's taken some **** since coming back from the leg break due to inconsistent form. Another of our love/hate players.

Wilshere. When fit, he's dynamite. Another with a disappointing goals return, considering how often he's on the edge of the opposing box with the ball. He'd walk into any Premiership team. Enough said. Let's hope this next surgery fixes him.

Rosicky. Surprised to see he had only 11 starts, it felt more than that. 3 goals and some good industry, but something's missing in his game for him to be a great and he's susceptible to injury.

Coquelin. Not sure on Wenger's plans for him. We have a lot of players in the midfield. Don't think he can be that general / defensive midfielder we all believe we need. Wenger likes a Remi Garde, Nelson Vivas type in the squad and he's probably that guy for Wenger.

Gervinho. Wizard or ****er, suits certain game types only. Not sure what Wenger was thinking playing him as a lone striker earlier in the season, highlighted what he can't do. I'd move him on, the good days are overshadowed by the bad.

Giroud. Good hold up play, overall good first season with us. Would benefit from service that utilized his height. Has more assists than I expected.

People to bump off in the summer:
Arshavin (already said goodbye. Interestingly has great assist stats for the few games he played. Was better than the role he was given with us and had an issue with motivation). Shame. Will miss his quotes, legend for the games at Liverpool, Barcelona, etc. but also for the "I am gooner".

Djourou

Santos

Squillacci

Chamakh

Sagna (twice in the team of the year, but 2 leg breaks, age, suggest he should move on). Need to replace him, not just bring Jenko up.

Diaby. Enough's enough.

Mannone

Gervinho

Rosicky

Nicosia Gooner
05-20-2013, 04:59 PM

Harry Balls
05-20-2013, 05:04 PM

Nicosia Gooner
05-20-2013, 05:06 PM

JohnnyPuma
05-20-2013, 05:56 PM