PDA

View Full Version : A clone of me Yikes

Dorset Gooner
05-19-2013, 06:31 PM
By DorsetSpursFan
WHAT DID I SAY??? Just a heretical thought that rattled round my empty head this morning.

Don't all shout at me at once, but just supposing I said I would prefer it if we came 5th and not 4th on Sunday. I said NOT to shout at me and I can hear you all the way down here in god's own county!

OK, so why would I say this thing that I'm not even convinced I believe myself?

Maybe, just maybe we're not ready for Champions League football. AVB has made a good start and it might be better to allow him one more season to build on that, if Levy backs him with some decent purchase then perhaps he could carry on the good work and build a team that had a decent chance of progressing in the CL. If we do qualify in 4th place and fail to qualify then that could be a huge blow to team moral and cause a right royal meltdown in this hallowed forum. Even if we did get through to the competition proper not even the most optimistic Spurs fans like myself would give us much of a chance of progressing past the group stage, we didn't exactly set the Europa League alight this season did we?

I don't mind the Europa League, look at how the chavs celebrated their win yesterday to see that it is not meaningless to the winners, it is not a tinpot competition and doing well in it next season could help AVB build a side that was ready to compete in the CL in 2014-2015.

So, as I said I'm not convinced that I mean any of this, but it could be seen as a silver lining if we don't get 4th this Sunday, we could look upon it as a golden opportunity to build a team with real prospects of CL glory the season after next?

OK, now you can tell what a cnut I am - and I will probably agree with you!

barrybueno
05-19-2013, 06:33 PM

Snin
05-19-2013, 06:36 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51iSpj1bgCL._SX500_.jpg

modd
05-19-2013, 06:41 PM
what a day dorest. what a day dorset