PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who think that getting Cesc back is the (obvious) improvement we need

Alfred C. Jolibois, PhD
05-14-2013, 09:25 PM
Rosicky is a starter in his spot for FFS. Godd player for sure, but old and getting even older. Certainly no Cesc. Jack is more of a box-to-box than playmer/goal scorer long term.

So the idea that we have a midfield of Arteta (or other holder), a fit Jack in between, and Cesc; with Santi and Theo on the wings. Makes perfect sense. Ramsey has the utility player in that mix.. Add Juvotic (or a battering Giroud when needed + Poldi and the Ox in reserve) and we are unstoppable, given the newly found defensive resolve.

I for once, hope we test Barca in the summer...

modd
05-14-2013, 09:29 PM
targets could be wonderful spending spree on intent for title next summer. :-)

Classic Jorge
05-14-2013, 09:30 PM

Jake

andy smith
Although I don't know where this leaves Cesc if he doesn't fancy it.

Ominous and worrying rumours that Man Utd want him. Would be great signing for them...didn't he go on holiday with Van Persie once? Those two being reunited would be nice :-(

bostonbrian
05-14-2013, 09:31 PM

Alfred C. Jolibois, PhD
05-14-2013, 09:37 PM
He has the discipline for the role that Song never did, or that even a guy like Coquelin, who likes to go forward or on the wing often, can never learn.

Makelele, when he first started in France, before he went to Spain, was also an attacking and box to box player, Did not settle in the role that madr him famous, until around 27-28 years old.

The holder's role has evolved. A pure destroyer (a la Frimpong) cannot play there in a top team (Busquets, Alonzon, Carrick, are all pass masters, who keep their position in front of the back four and break up play before moving the ball forward from deep.)

Arteta is perfect in the role for us. Teh fact that we have the second defense in the league is down, in great part to him...

Jake
05-14-2013, 09:43 PM
http://balls.ie/football/the-balls-ie-guide-to-being-a-footb all-hipster/ (http://balls.ie/football/the-balls-ie-guide-to-being-a-football-hipster/)

Some substance to it as well :hehe:

Classic Jorge
05-14-2013, 09:46 PM
And I do see where you're coming from in terms of the evolution but my problem is that Arteta is our one, sole defensive option in midfield.

Madrid have Khadeira and Pepe steps in from time to time. Barca may have Busquets but they also have Song and Mascherano. United have Jones, the best we have is the ghost of Abou.