PDA

View Full Version : Apart from losing out to those ****ers the fact we could be in the uropey isnt a bad thing imo.

East Upper for Supper
05-13-2013, 06:33 AM
The club has been in a state of treading water for too many years now. Bare minimum to qualify and repeat over and over again. Missing out would mean a change to address, or it should, the weaknesses and deficiencies which "may" have cost us a cl place for next season.
If we do qualify then same old same old next season.

Progbook
05-13-2013, 06:39 AM
spend the proceeds from.

Mo Britain less Europe
05-13-2013, 06:59 AM

East Upper for Supper
05-13-2013, 07:01 AM

Peter
05-13-2013, 07:25 AM
In anyone at all and our world will slowly collapse around us, leaving us broken, weeping men in theshadow of spurs and their succession of glorious european campaigns.

The truth is likely to be somewhere in the middle. Very little would change in the short term and if we get back in next year it would be like itnever happened.

Brentwood
05-13-2013, 07:34 AM
Spending big on targets we were reportedly after (Vertonghen, Holtby, dembele, Sigurdson etc) and changing their manager every couple of years. They are in the same situation as us, if not slightly worse off. So dropping out resulting in the board spending more money is no guarantee that we'll win anything next year

Red N White Army
05-13-2013, 07:59 AM
It won't be a "wake-up call" for the Board or Wenger. They know we need to improve the squad. Not making CL will just make that even harder, both in terms of cash to spend and attracting the right players.

On a personal note, can't make Thursday night games so it will impact on how many I get to see a season. Pretty much the only reason I give a **** really.

gco40203
05-13-2013, 08:04 AM
Given that we finished 19 points behind title winners last year and similar this year, I would hope that somebody will wake up somewhere and realise that other top clubs are moving forward and we are not. It would be a big shame if we have to drop to the Europa league for the club to wake up.

The problem of dropping into Europa league is that who would want to join us ? Only those players who manu/man city/chelsea/spurs don't want. Hardly the basis to taking the club back to the glory years.

Mo Britain less Europe
05-13-2013, 10:15 AM