PDA

View Full Version : I'm quite resigned to not playing CL Football next season. We've made a pigs arse of it in recent

7evens
05-12-2013, 05:46 PM
years and rarely get beyond the second phase.
The Europa may help re build a bit of confidence, particularly as Stan's wallet and passion for the club have their limits.

Our domestic cup exits were truly,ugly moments and we've been woeful against the CL challengers this season. A bit of pride salvaged since the spurs defeat but overall we've played considerably below par.

It'll be an unexpected bonus if we qualify. It pains me to say it but for the neutral, those c**ts down the road have probably just about edged it on balance.

LadyG -keeping the spirit of the unbeatables alive
05-12-2013, 05:55 PM
And they know it, hence they went for the win today.

True winner don't give up when there's still a chance! Being anxious and nervous that it might not happen, I get that, but to resign yourself already :yikes:

Ronaldooooooo
05-12-2013, 05:55 PM
None of players would leave and we cant really buy big stars

Ronaldooooooo
05-12-2013, 05:56 PM
k

Rich
05-12-2013, 05:57 PM
on the huge amount of TV revenue it brings that's the issue.

ITSUPFORGRABSNOW
05-12-2013, 05:58 PM
What *******s. If after the fat lady sings and they are still above us then come out with that.

Mo Britain less Europe
05-12-2013, 06:00 PM
We have always been in the last 16 in recent years even if the quarters have normally been our ceiling.

However it sound this means we have always been pretty close to the final. There is nothing to say that Kronke will take a different attitude to spending if we go out of the CL so I see no point in not wanting to qualify.

Rich
05-12-2013, 06:02 PM
were even further away from being able to sign the same calibre of player as them.

05-12-2013, 06:06 PM
"A winner never quites and a quiter never wins". RIP Norman.

Wigan worked hard against a citeh side that didn't play as a team and managed to score a good goal in the 90+2 minute of the game. They didn't expect to win that game, they just never gave up hope that they could the longer is stayed 0-0.

I'm pleased for them.

Our players have no excuse, we have to take our chances and win the game. Provided we work as a unit, are clinical in front of goal and make no silly mistakes in both games, then we can get all six points.

Ronaldooooooo
05-12-2013, 06:07 PM
I dont think it will harm us alot. Arsenal as a brand is still a lure.

Just need to snap up talent under the radar alot faster than usual.

No-one knows LESS about Wenger than Myles Palmer
05-12-2013, 06:10 PM
Pro: Kick up the bum Kroenke needs to get rid of Wenger and spend big

Con: Spurs fans will be more annoying than normal

Rich
05-12-2013, 06:11 PM

halfsharkalligatorhalfman
05-12-2013, 06:13 PM
Only need to look at Kezman and that Alves bloke who went to Middlesborough to see Eredivisie talents who don't cut it over here.

7evens
05-12-2013, 06:17 PM
Check the stats. We have recorded worse results against the big clubs this season and that's why, as I said, the *neutral* would probably give them the nod.

05-12-2013, 06:38 PM
kinda undermines your neutral theory. Plus when was it that the results against the big teams determined who deserved to finish in the top 4, it's the results over the season we have the edge because of goal difference and if memory serves me right, they've drawn way more games than us, and we've won more.

Mo Britain less Europe
05-12-2013, 06:45 PM

Classic Jorge
05-12-2013, 07:05 PM