PDA

View Full Version : I've been particularly impressed by Michael Dawson this season

halfsharkalligatorhalfman
05-09-2013, 05:51 PM
His career at Spurs may have looked to be over last summer when he was just about to join QPR, but I would argue that Dawson's been Sp*rs's most important defender this season - even ahead of Vertonghen.

His positioning is immaculate, tackling ruthless and effective, and, crucially, he bullies the **** out of opposition players, rarely getting punished for it.

I remember watching this short film about Vinnie Jones http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6vm0x8JpBU, in which he describes the various ways he will try to hurt and intimidate his opposition players - essentially making them scared to play against him, and Michael Dawson is exactly the same. He may come across as quite a decent individual in interviews, but on the pitch he is a master at catching opposition players with his elbow when jumping for a ball, or roughhousing key threats when the referee's attention is elsewhere.

Top player imo and afaik hasn't received anywhere near the plaudits this season that he deserves

Deleted Account
05-09-2013, 07:29 PM