PDA

View Full Version : With qpr game coming up, I thought i mention a famous arsenal

modd
04-30-2013, 11:25 PM
vs qpr home game i went to in 1994 . i got to see the john jensen famous goal. I was near the west stand near the qpr fans. Bit further away from north bank where goal scored but still. Here is that wonderful moment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v =TppGWMohRqE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TppGWMohRqE)

Sadly we lost 3-1 but still this lives in a good memory. :cloud9:

Only bad memory was some fat idiot qpr fans who was in our stand celebrating behind us every time the likes of kevin gallen or trevor bloddy sincalir scored in front of the clock end . :banghead: I don,t know how they ended up in the family enclosure but i guess secuirty more lax in those days.

Chief Arrowhead
04-30-2013, 11:29 PM
did you ever get into any 'trouble' at an Arsenal match, home or away?

modd
04-30-2013, 11:47 PM
Had various incident good and funny at games and others not so nice

I got stuck in my seat in my first game we won 4-1 vs sheffield united and again when we beat everton 4-2 in 1992. Both times avoidable.

In 1997 and 1998 i do remeber when we won the title and stayed too long outside the ground and near the dressing rooms which were near the marble halls. celebrating . Police moved us away with guard dogs which seemed a bit mean and not in keeping with the day

In 1998 and 1999 season i went to arsenal 0-0 draw vs the scum. Me and my brother were commentating on the fact ray parlour could do better at keeping the ball. This bigger lad in front of us and turned around and said if you don,t like the team then you can f**k off. We said back to him we had no issues with ray and did not mean to cause offence and sorry to the bloke. But it ruined the game for me

again In 1998 and 1999 season i was on my way to screening at highbury of 3-1 win at scum. Some spurs fans saw me and scremed abuse at me. Anyway i moved on and then saw them get out of the car it seemed although not sure they were coming to me. But i took no chances and ran like a pussy straight into bounds green tube station

In 1999 and 2000 my brother who used to as teen stand up a bit to much in family enclosure . Anyway as he stood up one two many times during 5-1 win over middlesbough which had a overweight gazza playing for them, a middle aged fan told my brother to sit down. Anyway it got a bit nasty as guy threated to beat crap out of my brother if he did not sit down which was not nice. My brother did sit down but still not nice experience

worst and depressing memory though was of being at wimbledon away game where we won 3-1 in 2000 and seeing a middle aged gooner in stand racially abuse the ref urnah rennie in the stands. That was something i regret not telling a streward about. :banghead:

But generally it been great memory and not much trouble. Best were big games at highbury for me still. 1-0 win over psg second leg, 3-2 win over sampdora first leg, 4-0 final day win over everton to win the title in 1998. Also our add 3-1 win over scum in 1996 at highbury

bostonbrian
04-30-2013, 11:52 PM

modd
04-30-2013, 11:54 PM
:hehe: You can,t get trapped in your seat can you. Anyway often happened as a kid when we scored as when i celebrated i leap high in the air and often in the process would get my legs tangle up in my seat for some f**king reason. Took my poor dad ages often to get me out. I can tell you he was no happy with me.

I was a clumsy kid if im being honest so probally no suprise their . :banghead:

Chief Arrowhead
05-01-2013, 12:38 AM
EVER back down on this board about your Arsenal bonafides.

You, sir, are a true gooner 'til the end and I, for one, salute you.

modd
05-01-2013, 09:51 AM
i always said that i am but i hope that helps explain it. Everyone on here a gooner though and unlike others i don,t doubt people support as a arsenal fan.

You don,t have to go to games to show that. I went to loads of games in 1990s and early 2000s but i am sadly am not able to go to as many games over last couple of years due to money. I do go to some but not that many as i can,t afford it to be honest.