PDA

View Full Version : Europa League Semi finals tonight. Predictions

modd
04-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Basel vs the russians. Hope the swiss do it and they did outplay the scum but fear over two legs russians have the edge in this tie. :-(

Fenbanche vs benfica. Aykut Kocaman vs Jorge Jesus. Really intresting match. Think benfica have the edge but the turks have improved and our second in the league. But think benfica attacking duo of Ola John and Oscar Cardozo can make the difference.

Classic Jorge
04-25-2013, 10:21 AM

modd
04-25-2013, 10:28 AM
Got good chance to win portugul league this year and should have seen his team knock out the russians in champions league quater finals last year.

They underpeformed big time in the champions league this year finishing behind celtic. But they showing their quality again in europa league. But it be close semi between the two clubs.

Luis Anaconda
04-25-2013, 10:34 AM
being at home in the second leg. Definitely worked out well :-)

Luis Anaconda
04-25-2013, 10:34 AM

Classic Jorge
04-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Have you noticed how Benfica have exactly the same stadium as us, only better?

modd
04-25-2013, 10:44 AM
leg and glad not gone it seems so far to have gone uefa way so far in these champions league semi finals first leg. But we see what happens in spain in the second leg. Bayern should go through in barca though you never know but real can knock out dormund 3-0.

Dortmund have to be careful early on as madrid look to get one of their players sent off. Key is not to lose their heads.

modd
04-25-2013, 10:46 AM
ago i think is far better then ours or wembly even. They also have a pretty good team to show in it. To be unbeaten is very impressive.

Right choice to host the champions league final in 2014. In my dreams i hope we their. :cloud9: Got to get in their first mind

Classic Jorge
04-25-2013, 10:47 AM
Or resurrected for that matter

Luis Anaconda
04-25-2013, 10:48 AM
Hard to see Dortmund not scoring but they failed to do so against Malaga so who knows

modd
04-25-2013, 10:59 AM
dynamic at home in europe and i think that dortmund will need to score on the night. Can see them having chances but unlike the away game in malga they need to take their chances.

Be a big test of their bottle if they go behind early in madrid.

Luis Anaconda
04-25-2013, 11:06 AM
was just how shockingly poor they were at keeping the ball. Really very unSpanish

modd
04-25-2013, 11:10 AM
in europe away from home since he took over. In games in bayern semi away last year and in their two trips to dortmund and quater final in turkey they were awful at keeping the ball.

It even more amazing when you think they have good players like alonso, ozil and modric who are so good at holding ball up.

They need to improve that aspect in the second leg if they get to european cup final in may.

Luis Anaconda
04-25-2013, 11:16 AM

modd
04-25-2013, 11:20 AM
awful he was last night but so was the whole real team. I never known jose in major semi final of champions league lay in to his team so much after the game.

He slammed them saying too many players did not turn up. They will be looking to respond next week that for sure.

Redflag
04-25-2013, 11:36 AM
, I know that the club is owned by one, but it's still an English club.
By the way one of our two major owners is also a Russian and the other an American.

modd
04-25-2013, 01:42 PM
russians because they were 100% bought by a russian billonaire who turned them to cup team to championship chasing team. That why i call them the russians because really be nowhere without him in terms of fighting for leagues. They may be based in london but they sold they soul 100% to him.

Big difference with us is although we have america and have russain in charge they don,t have total control. We also have peter hill wood still involved. Also unlike the russians we were fighting for leagues without billionaire owner from one country.

Also its fun and its a way to have a pop at them.