PDA

View Full Version : Only winning a ****e league is a pretty poor season for the Mancs.

Mack
04-23-2013, 07:57 AM

ghostlygunner
04-23-2013, 08:07 AM
now its about the height of our ambitions :-(

Free SL
04-23-2013, 08:08 AM

ghostlygunner
04-23-2013, 08:10 AM
actually thats not true either , the 4th place trophy is the main target

Bromley Gooner
04-23-2013, 08:32 AM

Free SL
04-23-2013, 09:40 AM
4th place, will alwys take precedence due to the money it brings and the possibility to sign higher class of player.

Say what we want about perceived lack of ambition and making do in the transfer market, the 4 players we signed in the summer/January are actually pretty good. OK, it might not quite make up for losing van Persie/Song in people's eyes but Cazorla is top, top quality

ghostlygunner
04-23-2013, 09:47 AM
rightly or wrongly , given the strategy and market activity of the current owner and manager

if we make top 4 with the current squad we ll have done well with what we ve got , the argument is that u could have added cazorla and podolski to what we already had plus a few others and keep your better players rather than replacing them (yes i know rvp went afterwards but they knew he was going) but the net spend of zero is what excites silent stan i guess and we ll just have to accept that until he decides to sell

personally i believe we need change now but im not convinced that will happen if we maintain the status quo and finish top 4 , only time will tell , change from a position of strengh is of course better but unlikely imo :shrug:

Free SL
04-23-2013, 09:53 AM
probably since 2001 when we snapped up Campbell et al in a pretty big spree.

The fans were starting to dissent back then, we had fallen way behind United and people were wondering if we would ever win the League again.

With the new sponsorhip deal, and the new TV deal we should have extra money to spend this year. The break even model on transfers should be coming to an end, if not then serious questions will be asked by people that have so far been happy (probably the wrong word) to see how things go when the new deals kick in.

I have been an advocate of the way we have done things in the relatively short term since the move, with the proviso that any new funds gained from sponsorship deals/tv deals are invested in improving the team to enable a proper challenge in the 2 competitions we all want to win.

ghostlygunner
04-23-2013, 10:01 AM
lets hope we re all happy again sooner rather than later

modd
04-23-2013, 10:22 AM
:-)