PDA

View Full Version : 25 songs inspired by Maggie

Guns 'n' Roses
04-09-2013, 09:01 AM
1. Merry christmas Maggie Thatcher – Elton John (2004)

“Merry Christmas Maggie Thatcher, we all celebrate today ‘cause it's one day closer to your death”

2. Tramp the dirt down – Elvis Costello (1989)

“When England was the whore of the world, Margaret was her madam”

3. Margaret on the guillotine – Morrissey

“The kind people have a wonderful dream, Margaret on the guillotine”

4. Free world – Kirsty MacColl (1989)

“I thought of you when they closed down the school and the hospital too/ Did they think that you were better? They were wrong”

5. The Fletcher Memorial Home – Pink Floyd (1982)

“The Fletcher Memorial Home for Incurable Tyrants and Kings (...) Hello Maggie!”

6. Black boys on mopeds – Sinead O’Connor (1990)

“Margareth Thatcher on TV shocked by the deaths that took place in Beijing, it seems strange that she should be offended, the same orders are given by her”

7. Sowing the seeds of love – Tears For Fears

“Politician Granny with your high ideals, have you no idea how the majority feels”

8. Ghost town – Specials (1981)

“No job to be found in this country, can't go on no more, the people getting angry”

9. Stand down Margaret – The Beat (1982)

“Everybody shout it: Stand down Margaret!”

10. Shipbuilding – Robert Wyatt (1983)

“Somebody said that someone got filled in for saying that people get killed in the results of their shipbuilding” (om Falklandskrigen)

11.Blue – Fine Young Cannibals (1985)

“Government has done me wrong, I'm mad about that”

12. The day that Thatcher dies – Hefner (2006)

“We will laugh the day that Thatcher dies even though we know it’s not right”

13. Thatcherites – Billy Bragg (1997)

“Your leader, she has gone to the Lords, your leader she has gone, but she's left us Little John” (sikter til Major, som overtok)

14. Heartland – The The (1986)

“It ain't written in the papers, but its written on the walls, the way this country is divided to fall”

15. Miss Maggie – Renaud (1985)

“There's no woman in this land quite so stupid as her brother, nor so vain or underhand except, maybe, Madame Thatcher”

16. Mother knows best – Richard Thompson (1991)

“She tells everybody, she was born in a ditch, she back-combs her hair till she looks like a witch”

17. Madam Medusa – UB40 (1980)

“See the scourge of innocence swinging in her hand, hear the silent suffering echoes through the land”

18. Town called Malice – The Jam (1982)

“Struggle after struggle, year after year, the atmosphere's a fine blend of ice, I'm almost stone cold dead in a town called Malice”

19. The lodgers (or she was only a shopkeepers daughter) – The Style Council (1985)

“No peace for the wicked, only war on the poor”

20. The day that Margaret Thatcher dies - Pete Wylie (2010)

“The wicked witch of Westminster left a evil curse”

21. I’m in love with Margaret Thatcher – Notsensibles (1980)

“Oh Margaret Thatcher is so sexy, she's the girl for you and me”

22. Maggie’s farm – The Specials (1980)

“Everybody says that she's the brains behind it all, she's 68 but she says she's 54” (omskrevet fra Bob Dylan)

23. The day after you (Celebrate) – The Blow Monkeys (1989)

“”Everybody say this country is in a mess (…) we’re gonna celebrate the day after you”

24. Thatcher f**ked the kids – Frank Turner (2006)

“So all the kids are *******s, but don’t blame them, they learn by example. Blame the folks who sold the future for the highest bid: That’s right, Thatcher f**ked the kids.”

25. I’ll dance on your grave mrs. Thatcher – John McCullagh (2000)

“You talk to me about union jack, you ask me why I’m not proud, it’s because it killed my father and can’t you see that that’s just not allowed”

Classic Jorge
04-09-2013, 09:04 AM
"Every move she made was charged by negativity; she destroyed the British manufacturing industry, she hated the miners, she hated the arts, she hated the Irish Freedom Fighters and allowed them to die, she hated the English poor and did nothing at all to help them, she hated Greenpeace and environmental protectionists, she was the only European political leader who opposed a ban on the Ivory Trade, she had no wit and no warmth and even her own Cabinet booted her out. She gave the order to blow up The Belgrano even though it was outside of the Malvinas Exclusion Zone – and was sailing AWAY from the islands! When the young Argentinean boys aboard The Belgrano had suffered a most appalling and unjust death, Thatcher gave the thumbs up sign for the British press."

Supermac1976
04-09-2013, 09:16 AM
The Exploited in particular get straight to the point- http://youtu.be/EwnkFlVRCZc Maggie You c**t. :bow:

Billy Goat Sverige
04-09-2013, 09:31 AM
I think he wasn't that fond of her :hehe:

http://redmolucca.wordpress.com/2013/04/08/tramp-the-dirt-do wn/ (http://redmolucca.wordpress.com/2013/04/08/tramp-the-dirt-down/)

barrybueno
04-09-2013, 09:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x45BtoJpoks

Classic Jorge
04-09-2013, 09:42 AM