View Full Version : 1 day cruise to amsterdam...spent 6 minutes in Dam hehe hehe

Snin
03-28-2013, 04:57 PM
:hehe: :hehe:

British tourists booked on a mini-cruise to Amsterdam were left feeling distinctly queasy after spending just six minutes at their destination following a 30-hour ferry journey from hell.

The passengers set out from Tyneside's ferry port at North Shields on Friday afternoon on a £48-a-head break to the Netherlands.

They should have arrived in Holland at 9am on Saturday - but instead bad weather and rough seas meant their overnight ferry arrived 13 hours late at its destination.

300 people were booked on the DFDS vessel which was hit by wind and huge waves as it attempted to make the crossing.

Having arrived 13 hours late at the ferry terminal the passengers spent just six minutes in Amsterdam before they were taken 50 miles to the Hook of Holland by bus for the return trip, this time via Harwich in Essex.

They got back to the North East in the early hours of Monday, having travelled 45 hours for six minutes in Amsterdam.

Passenger Mark Dunn, from North Shields, an amusement arcade manager, told the Evening Chronicle newspaper: "We spent about six minutes in the ferry terminal car park in Amsterdam before they took us onto coaches.

"I wish I'd never bothered. I think I've done more miles than Judith Chalmers." :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sarah Ashley Harkinson
03-28-2013, 04:59 PM

Supermac1976
03-28-2013, 05:04 PM

Bergkamp's Brain
03-28-2013, 10:10 PM