PDA

View Full Version : I'll admit - I had written England off in that test match before the start of play. Nevertheless,

Rich
03-26-2013, 08:22 AM
I rose early to see if the game was over at tea time. And I am hard pushed to think of a tenser finish to a game of sport in the last year or so. Matthew Prior's innings was one of sheer brilliance. We also must acknowledge Joe Root and Stuart Broad's match-saving contributions.

It's the sort of match that will continue to make me argue that there is no finer sport than test match cricket. Which other sports could you play for five days, end in a draw and still be so entertaining.

If we'd scored the runs in the first innings then we'd have won it, mind you.

Luis Anaconda
03-26-2013, 08:29 AM
but hell of a performance on the final day. Amazing stuff from Prior - gone from being "a liability who will cost us the Ashes"* to being talked about as the finest wicket keeper batsman England has ever had. Shudder to think what would happen if he got injured before the Ashes

* To quote Berni **

** well to misquote him really

Rich
03-26-2013, 08:35 AM
scored properly in the third test we would have at least had an easy draw. It's a shame NZ prepared pitches like that - but then I suppose it'd have been suicidal for them to rustle up some green seamers.

Perhaps Prior should be allowed the series against NZ at home off and give Bairstow or Buttler keep wicket. We really need Pietersen back too. Our batting looks much weaker without him. And we've not even spoken about Swann...

Good job Australia find themselves in utter disarray.

Luis Anaconda
03-26-2013, 08:36 AM
Surprised they didn't enforce the follow on really

Frimmers
03-26-2013, 08:45 AM
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Rich
03-26-2013, 08:55 AM