Club Level
03-19-2013, 10:15 PM

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
03-19-2013, 10:27 PM

Classic Jorge
03-19-2013, 10:34 PM
Basically fuller with seamen than Marc Almond on Leather Tuesday

03-20-2013, 02:28 AM
nobody mentioned the wild animal park, been wanting to go there for donkeys. i hear the zoos nice too.

nearly forgot, torrey pines has a pretty cool hike down to the beach if you and the kids are into that.

im not too big on sea world, maybe as i've seen it enough.
when my kids get old enough we'll do all these things, when people visit now we send them off to do it.

maybe look for some tide pools, etc. lots of nice beaches and thats the main attraction. no white sand tahiti/maldive style beaches as it's a different layout.

theres a place called the wave house down in pacific beach that looks fun but i haven' been there.

maybe try a boat trip for whale watching but you may have missed the season by the time you get here- and if you're too close to summer good luck getting around anywhere of distance if you leave too late in the morning.

i think gstb had some good advice for you and sounded like he's spent more time down there than me.
He mentioned Balboa Park- i haven't been there in decades but the nephews and nieces have recently and i believe enjoyed it, so i suspect your kids will too as theres lots to do.

escondido is a little ways from san diego, but if you're into it maybe check out the stone brewing company, makers of arrogant ******* ale and others.

hope that helps, feel free to ask me anything- i'm in san clemente/dana point halfway between san diego and la.

Club Level
03-20-2013, 04:06 AM