PDA

View Full Version : Who starts out of Nacho and Gibbs? And when tactically it ends up with both on the pitch,.....

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
03-17-2013, 08:41 PM
who's LB and who's LM?

You know when AW tsarts with a more defensive formation against the better teams? Like when he's played Rambo out wide to give the extra defensive cover, I could see him starting with both NM and KG, with Feo wide right.

Pity, cos I'd like to see Poldi play - I think all season we've been at our best with Poldi on the left, Santi in the hole and Jack CM.

But I'd still like to see what happened with Santi, Jack and TR7 as the central 3.

Maybe with Gibbs at LM, that might happen.

Both Nancho and Gibbs are ten times better than Clichy imo.

I remember Gael giving away that pen which cost us the league when Eddy broke his leg. And giving away a pen which almost cost us the CL semi.

Gibbs' tackle in the last game last season kept us in the CL.

Nacho's goal and assist in our last 2 prem games have won us 4pts.

If we get into the CL next season by 3 pts or less, then Nacho will have paid his fee and wages with those two things alone.

In 98, we used Razor on the right to balance Overmars on the left. 2002-4 we had Freddie on the right to balance Bobby on the left.

Is there a case for Gibbs/ Nacho to balance Feo?

If we had good Feo every week as opposed to bad Feo, and we had a top notch striker, with Olly as plan B, then the team doesn't look quite so bad.

The defence looks better without Sagna and TV5. A top drawer goalie would be nice, too.

But with a decent striker, it then just becomes a case of who to play in CM with Jack and Santi.

Poldi, Ox and Gerv as squad options for the wing. Gnarby will come through, I reckon. The other young Kraut might have a future.

But TR7, Diaby, Rambo, Arteta and Coq are all playing for one place.

If we really do have a war chest, cashing in on Poldi or Gerv and putting the money towards a striker may be a good bet. Gibbs is a decent left winger, imo. Pace, can cross and shoot, and knows how to defend.

But cash in on one of the 5 MFs mentioned above, and put the money towards a top drawer MF to play with Santi and Jack.

But he won't well his babes, Coq and Rambo (who are worth more than we'd be offered.)

TR7 is too old to get any money for (and I think he's the perfect cover for Jack and Santi.)

Diaby's too injury prone.

Arteta's too good but also too old. I'm just not sure that we get the best out of him playing with Jack and Santi.

He's perfect for the middle of the MF 3 role, so he won't go.

But we have 5 MFs fighting for one place who are worth about £10m each on average. If we could get rid of 2 and have on worth £20-25m, it would make so much difference.

Just like the £20m+ spent on Gerv and Poldi being spent on just one player. Or the £20m+ on Poldi and Olly. (You know, a sort of RVP quality.)

But I could see us starting with both LBs.

Mo Britain less Europe
03-17-2013, 09:31 PM

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
03-17-2013, 09:45 PM

bostonbrian
03-17-2013, 09:49 PM

Mo Britain less Europe
03-17-2013, 10:01 PM
in game where you need to hold a result.