PDA

View Full Version : Due to no longer having Sky Sports, I hardly see any continental footy anymore

Monty91
03-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Watching Real last night reminded me how much of a continental team we still are in terms of our style of play.

There's no doubt Man Utd can be a thrilling team to watch when they've got the bit between their teeth, and of course they have individual players capable of moments of brilliance, but their style is still fundamentally rooted in English traditions.

This for me is the biggest question about what happens after Wenger leaves. Do we return to an English style? What about the efforts Wenger has made to have us playing the same way all the way down the age ranks of the club?

Pat Vegas
03-06-2013, 10:32 AM

Monty91
03-06-2013, 10:34 AM
necessarily about whether your manager is British or foreign.

redgunamo
03-06-2013, 10:57 AM
change the footballistic identity of their team though, unlike Wenger. The senior players already there have always seemed to handle that side of things, as they arguably did when our Veng first arrived.

As an aside, I feel that underestimating the importance of our British roots has been one of Wenger's weaknesses. Perhaps avoidable; perhaps not, given His own foreignerness.

Maravilloso Marvo
03-06-2013, 12:04 PM

Monty91
03-06-2013, 12:16 PM