PDA

View Full Version : From Invincibles to Europa League ?..do we really trust in Arsene anymore ?

gco40203
03-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Contrary to some opinion I have huge respect for AW......however nobody goes on being successful forever and as a paying supporter I want more for my money than a team getting worse year by year and going into decline.

As well documented we are the highest paying fans in the league. Where is that money ? Well it seems it is being used to pay muppets an inflated salary when compared to their value/contribution to the team. Plus it is being stockpiled in a bank account and is being used to pay shareholders dividends. Yet the thing that I want my and other fans money to go towards is buying and retaining world class players.

It is clear there is money available so why aren't we buying and retaining world class players ? I am sure the Board have some culpability but a large portion of blame must also be laid at the door of AW. He/arsenal are well known to be ditherers in the market. His protestations that he will buy only players better than what he has is hollow when he carries so much dead wood in the squad....all of which he bought ! It is hollow when we are struggling to qualify for CL and not been near winning any cups for many years (only exception being vs Brum. Our reserves were never going to beat Chelsea first team in League Cup final at cardiff a few years ago).

Buying players isn't the only solution but getting organised at the back is a massive problem. The zonal marking means that players have lost the knack of what it takes to mark a player so goals like yesterday are no longer surprising because our defence is about players watching space rather than player movement. Plus no-one seems to talk to any one at the back anymore hence players run between us and are not picked up because danger is not communicated amongst the back 5.

AW is fixated on a certain style and formation and we no longer have the top class players to make it effective when it matters. In all our big games we have been well beaten.

We do have the nucleus of potentially a good team but how many times have we heard that over the last few years. However we need more leadership at the back, a powerhouse in midfield to win the ball plus a top notch centre forward. In essence we have no spine. We are however slipping so far from the top clubs that even massive investment is only likely to keep us on the fringes of the top 4 rather than take us into serious contention.

The club are in a dreamworld if they think the other top clubs in the premiership and europe are suddenly going to go into meltdown because of financial fair play. It ain't going to happen so the sooner AW and the board wake up the better before they f*ck our club totally and we become liverpool.

Ronaldooooooo
03-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Just don't cut it anymore. People can blame the players, but the buck stops with Arsene.

Classic Jorge
03-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Whilst you make one or two valid points I feel the over reliance on memes like zonal marking and the factual errors over dividends slightly undermines your point.

7evens
03-04-2013, 10:25 AM
prospects.

halfsharkalligatorhalfman
03-04-2013, 10:25 AM
SO with zero tactical nous, no interest in defending, losing his best players every year and paying for our stadium Wenger has still managed to keep us among the top clubs in Europe, and the top four every season so far.

Is he incredibly lucky, or what??

03-04-2013, 10:26 AM

bostonbrian
03-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Side that did not play very well at all yesterday?

Ronaldooooooo
03-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Or twist for a manager who will push us further.

We have the resources to do so. No excuses.

We won't win another trophy under him.

03-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Our passing was fluid, we pressed very well, and we made Tottenham look like the worse team.

Of course, we still managed to lose concentration and concede two very avoidable goals in the space of two minutes, but I still thought yesterday we were much improved.

The Tony
03-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Can't afford any top end players. Having to scrap the bottom of the barell for hand me downs like Mertersacker, Arteta, Podolski and Giroud.

Jenkinson a good example...Our defence is a bad for a reason. We're signing players from Charlton reserves now :-|

Best we can do for a summer striker is a washed up burnt out injury prone guy like David Villa and thats £20m right there...Transfer fee + Wages.

Think in time people will realise how much bull**** Wenger has to put up with especially with those two mugs Kronke and Ivan hiding behind him.

Tries to buy Phil Jones for £8m....blackburn said they wanted £10m and he was all ours. Club told Arsene £2m was too much.

What a joke.

Forced to sell Cesc and Nasri and he can't even get the players he wants. He asked for Dempsey for £10m and Ivan f**ked him off with Park. FKIN PARK! You work that one out. Wenger isn't stupid. Why would he even dream of buying that fool. The big hint was that Wenger f**ked him off everytime and never played the clown. He'll only play his players.

Same with RVP....begged the board to keep him and invest. They f**ked him right off there.

Ivan and Kronke are the real villans. Cowards hiding behind Arsene.

7evens
03-04-2013, 10:34 AM

03-04-2013, 10:37 AM
We are much worse now than we were 5 years ago, but it is a f**king miracle that we haven't slipped much further.

How competitive do you think we would be if Wenger hadn't had to rebuild every year?

03-04-2013, 10:40 AM
In a season which is only 2/3 done. And in which the team had, until yesterday, only lost twice this year.

LadyG -keeping the spirit of the unbeatables alive
03-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Importance of football in our lives is relative.

This will soon pass and then just like in other drought seasons we'll forget how painful it was.

Bergkamp's Brain
03-04-2013, 10:42 AM

7evens
03-04-2013, 10:46 AM

03-04-2013, 10:49 AM

Bergkamp's Brain
03-04-2013, 10:53 AM

Red N White Army
03-04-2013, 10:58 AM

Ashberto
03-04-2013, 11:10 AM

Hendon Gooner (Only Easy Day Was Yesterday))
03-04-2013, 11:22 AM
and not the £7.5M per year.....

I'm sure Wenger is happy to put up with the bull**** from those mugs Kroenke and Gazidis.

BTW: Wenger oversaw the appointment of Gazidis and even interviewed him.

The "underling" interviewing his future boss.

Only at Arsenal.

:banghead: