PDA

View Full Version : We're not cooked, I think it'll be tight given their run in. However, who gives a fûck? It's not

Progbook
03-03-2013, 06:03 PM
like we do anything in the CL or spend the money we earn sensibly. We throw £25m a year in wages at a right old load of ****. In terms of attracting players when we've finished fifth you will have noticed that players had no problem joining City-Malaga-PSG when they were offered the right financial incentive. It's really up to the ambition we show and whether someone can identify a decent set of central defenders and defensive midfielder. Unfortunately the answer to that, as things stand, is 'no'.

Brentwood
03-03-2013, 06:06 PM
And sign a lot of quality players that Arsenal and Liverpool were reportedly interested in (Vertongen, siggardson, Holtby)

Im not that bothered if we dont qualify tbh, it's a super boring competition and clashes with Grand Designs

plastic james
03-03-2013, 06:07 PM

wagoaw (out only, no in)
03-03-2013, 06:08 PM
we "deserve" to be in it. it's never boring for me after the group stage. even more so if Real beat the mancs.

Jorge the hippest hipster in town
03-03-2013, 06:09 PM

Progbook
03-03-2013, 06:11 PM
knows where the problems are. But can he sign the best replacement?

LadyG -keeping the spirit of the unbeatables alive
03-03-2013, 06:12 PM
The difference is the one they kept s consistently better than the one we kept and when they were on their bellies crying bout having no striker he stepped up to the plate, what did our f**ker do?

Brentwood
03-03-2013, 06:16 PM
They do lose talent but not at the same rate we seem to

LadyG -keeping the spirit of the unbeatables alive
03-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Plus we also signed some useful players,

The fact is without Bale's winning goals since Defoe's injury they'd be behind us.

PET
03-03-2013, 06:20 PM
We are in a different era now.. Even avg. players do REJECT AFC and Wenger ..

Progbook
03-03-2013, 06:26 PM
"They had Vermaelen," Vertonghen says. "I knew it would be very difficult for me to play in central defence if the captain and one of their best players plays there. You mention that when we were talking with clubs and then they say: 'Yeah, but you can play somewhere else?' I wanted clubs to get me not just for the bench..."