PDA

View Full Version : people who worry about our possible new owners need to get a grip

plastic james
03-03-2013, 02:48 PM
arsenal were owned by rich english people, now its owned by rich american and russian....we could be bought by rich arabs....and and in the future possibly rich Chinese owners.....

what do these people have in common? they are all rich....its not like any of them will come home to your kids birthday and discuss tactics with you....

i dont care who owns arsenal...i want 2 things from any arsenal owner.....1- put together a strong team.....2- keep scandals away from this club

people who say they won support us if so and so buys arsenal are not proper fans misguided, its like saying i wont support arsenal if RVP is sold...or wenger leaves

i dont care if we play RVP, henry or gervinho upfront...this is my club...i dont care if wenger, lee dixon or tom or even jerry co-manages our team..this my club...thus i dont care who owns this club..this is still my club

and the idea of us having a rich owner making us chelsea or man city is nonsense...our 125 year history is not erased because an owner spends few quids on quality players.

beside we were the original money kings....we won our first league titles because we bought everything that moved in the 30s....we broke the english transfer record twice within few years....we were throwing money right left centre and were called the bank of england.....so why is pending money suddenly ugly?

gooners who want to keep us in the 90s and oppose new ideas, owners and progress are similar to liverpool fans who were lost in their bootroom mentality in the early 1990s when the likes of us and manu were adjusting to the new world of football.

well football has changed again and we need to adapt to the times to survive or we can start a history channel like liverpool and discuss martin keown, henry and paul merson for decades.

shefield wendesnday was the biggest club in this country by far at one time...where are they now? the idea of arsenal always being a top team and not having to work hard to attract new ideas, owners, money and visions to stay in touch with the best is simply a deluded one.

i would wlc any owner who has plans to keep arsenal strong in the future.

devongunner
03-03-2013, 02:52 PM

barrybueno
03-03-2013, 02:53 PM

7evens
03-03-2013, 02:57 PM

Monty91
03-03-2013, 03:01 PM
and achievement from buying trophies. Where is the satisfaction?

barrybueno
03-03-2013, 03:13 PM
smacks of the moral high ground over City and Chelsea tbh

Hendon Gooner (Only Easy Day Was Yesterday))
03-03-2013, 03:17 PM
You forgot to mention that we also bribed our way into the top division and remained there ever since....

:bow:

plastic james
03-03-2013, 03:30 PM
its not like we have a squad of charity workers......we're paying 150 million in wages....how does paying 190 million in wages make us less of a proper club?

whats the logic in me being a proud gooner if we win the league when we're paying 150 million in wages....but ashamed if we're paying 190 million in wages???

arsenal is an institution because of its role in the community and english football at large....owners like players and managers come and go...but the club belongs to us.....

if 20 people we're watching our games instead of 60 000 no one would want to buy this club or even care....it would just be 22 men chasing a ball for a club owned by a rich man.....what makes a football club what it is ....are the fans...not the owners/managers/players. and as a fan i would wlc anyone who can contribute to this club going forward

Ashberto
03-03-2013, 03:30 PM
I don't believe those allegations were ever proven. More likely is that the other clubs just hated Spurs.