PDA

View Full Version : Life copies art in Las Vegas.

Gunner Since Time Began - born to moan
02-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Police say three people are dead and at least three more injured after a shooting on the Las Vegas Strip.
Tribune staff and wire report

10:31 a.m. CST, February 21, 2013

LAS VEGAS -- Three people were killed and at least three others were hurt in a rolling shootout that ultimately ended in a fiery crash at a busy intersection on the Las Vegas Strip, according to media reports.

A police spokesman told CNN that a person in a black Ranger Rover Sport opened fire on a Maserati around 4:20 a.m., killing the driver and wounding a passenger. The Maserati then crashed into a taxi and four other cars.

The taxi caught fire and the cab driver and a passenger were killed, according to a local television report. The SUV left the scene, according to the Associated Press.
Ads by Google

The University Medical Center reported four people were brought to the hospital, the TV station reported. Three of them were released.

Police said they were reviewing surveillance cameras along The Strip to get a better description of the driver and how many occupants were in the vehicle.

The intersection of Las Vegas and Flamingo boulevards is closed to traffic in all directions, snarling rush hour traffic.

Sgt. John Sheahan of the Las Vegas Police Department said the intersection will be closed for most of the day.

“It’s a mess down there,” he told TV reporters. “We’ll be lucky to have this intersection cleared by sundown.”

A local TV station interviewed a witness, who said he rushed to the Maserati moments after the crash and found the driver still alive.

“The Range Rover shot at the Maserati,” he said. “There was a big explosion with three other cars. I ran over to help the dude in the Maserati, to give him CPR. He was still breathing. Then the ambulance came. I don’t think he made it.”

Authorities said the intersection is The Strip’s busiest, including the Bellagio, the Paris and Caesars Palace.

Television images on Thursday morning showed the intersection littered with smashed cars pointing in different directions. Bystanders said the cab erupted into a ball of flames.

Luis Anaconda
02-21-2013, 04:56 PM

Pat Vegas
02-21-2013, 04:58 PM
I am not sure what art bit he is referring too.

Gunner Since Time Began - born to moan
02-21-2013, 06:02 PM