PDA

View Full Version : Things we need to do and changes to make for next season.

The Tony
02-20-2013, 11:15 AM
Goalkeepers

Get some help for Chesney. An older type for guidance and the occasinal game in the LeagueCup (Champions League Losers Medal a la Mart Poom optional).

Brad Freidal would fit the bill.

Would expect Fabianski to leave so that leaves Friedal in the John Lukic role guiding Sir Chez, Vito and the Argentine lad whose probably the most talented of the lot but very young and quite reckless.

Defence

Most likely a new right back to cover Jenkinson if Blanavarro leaves.

Shame.

Blanavarro's (Sagna) useless at right back. Attacking wise he's very limited and it costs him big time because he's out of position when defending. Keep saying...if its Arsene's intention for Sagna to play so far forward...almost as an extra striker then why not play Ox at right back!!!!!

Playing as a centre half vs Sunderland allowed him to just concentrate on his natural game and it worked in Spades. I'd actually consider finishing up the remaider of the league campaign with him at Centre Half but doubt it will happen. We can certainly use his gladitorial defensive qualities in there at this troubling time.

It also highlights the DESPERATE need for a top class Centre Half taking leadership in there.

Mertasacker has those qualities but is a bit of pussy at times. Kos has the skillage but not the leadership qualities. Tommy is the one but I've got no idea why his forms dipped the way it has.

Probably one for Steve Bould to sort out....no idea what his role in the team is apart from helping Arsene with his zipper.

Midfield

We need a high class defensive midfielder in the mould of a Keane, Vieira, Makelele, Essien to play alongside Arteta. Don't really care what system Wenger plays....4-5-1, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-3-2-1 etc etc...please have TWO GUYS in there screening the back four and breaking up play in the middle.

This game plan of Arteta in front of the back 4 and the remaining 5 players run about and pretend to be Barcelona for 90 minutes doesn't really work.

We've desperately missed Alex Song this season. The midfield might look flashy at times with Santi and Wilshere in there but its weak as fkin piss.

Strikers

I don't have much of a problem with Walcott and Giroud...well actually I do. They can score goals. Lots of them infact. Its just that they've got no fkin idea of how to score the vitally important ones.

Mega important we sign a high class goalscorer in the summer. Mega important. Break the bank for Cavani imo.

PSRB
02-20-2013, 11:21 AM

Luis Anaconda
02-20-2013, 11:36 AM