PDA

View Full Version : "On our day we're capable of producing good results against anybody"

Deleted Account
02-17-2013, 01:48 PM
Arsenal bollox #20987

There's two days in the K.O stages Ramsay you dimwit and we're ****e away. Lost 7 out of last 8 in final CL stages.

Classic Jorge
02-17-2013, 01:51 PM
If he said "We've got no chance, frankly we're ****" he'd be accused of lacking "passion", "pride in the shirt" or "[insert abstract concept thick people like to use in the absence of a vocabulary or basic understanding of the game]".

Mo Britain less Europe
02-17-2013, 02:03 PM

LDB.
02-17-2013, 02:19 PM

Deleted Account
02-17-2013, 02:19 PM
It is a better starting point than stringing things out with self delusion. Positive thinking in football is over-egged, esp by Wenger, it patently doesn't work for him and always provides an out for the players. Oh well it wasn't our day , but our day will come. Feeling positive because of performance and results is a different entity entirely. This is why SAF is what wenger always claimed to be and isn't - consistent, because SAF is not afraid to call crap performances crap and won't tolerate slackness. Fear of failure is more often than not the winning ingredient in top competitors.

LDB.
02-17-2013, 02:25 PM
Off the top of my head how about this:

"Results have not been good enough this season and we've got to work hard as a team to put it right. We'll give our all against Bayern and see where that takes us."

Instead of trying to put a positive spin on us simply not being good enough. I'm sure bradford, blackburn, oldham etc believe they can beat anyone "on their day" too, it doesn't actually make them any good. It's certainly not a standard we should settle for at Arsenal, only ****ty second rate sides cling to guff like that. Spursian stuff.

Besides, who have we actually beaten this season to justify this idea?

Classic Jorge
02-17-2013, 02:27 PM
I mean, have you ever actually considered the possibility that you are perhaps attaching too much significance to this sort of thing?

Classic Jorge
02-17-2013, 02:28 PM

LDB.
02-17-2013, 02:41 PM
I think its important for the players, club and manager to show the mugs who empty their bank accounts every week to watch them serve up dross that they have the right attitude and share the same standards.

Classic Jorge
02-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Not that, of course, they've been particularly doing it on the pitch at the moment.

But if they were, to all intents and porpoises, saying the "right" thing and *still* struggling against lower league teams in the cup, would that actually make any difference to you?

It's almost, and lets be clear that I'm not accusing anybody here, as if there's some sort of agenda to moan about every single thing.

7evens
02-17-2013, 02:53 PM
the guy's been magnificent over the years and there's a high probability that the club won't experience that type of purple patch for the forseeable future but past achievements shouldn't be constantly wheeled out as an enforced template for 'more of the same' without at least looking towards change.
From an outside perspctive, it looks as if a top 4 finish is the only thing that can save him at this point.

Classic Jorge
02-17-2013, 02:54 PM
:hehe:

you utter flyd

7evens
02-17-2013, 02:55 PM

LDB.
02-17-2013, 03:01 PM
Even when we win a couple of games we're never far from returning to the omni-shambles. I guess what I want is for some acknowledgement that its not good enough for Arsenal to flip flop between victory and calamity every other week.

I'm generally quite a philosophical type of fan but yesterday was the most angry I've ever been in a football stadium. If we still think of ourselves as a big club then its time to start acting like it again, on and off the pitch.

7evens
02-17-2013, 03:06 PM
at every opportunity. It was the total lack of execution at both ends that was telling.
This continual shyte defending and appaling lapses of concentration.
I can't jump on the bandwagon and slate Giroud in all seriousness. It's his first season and he needs time to get to grips with the style of play.

Classic Jorge
02-17-2013, 03:06 PM

LDB.
02-17-2013, 03:18 PM
I should think so too considering Blackburn had no interest in getting into our half of the pitch. Our attitude was still way off. Not enough pro-activity, too much backwards and sideways hoping they would eventually just let us score.

For me and many other fans yesterday was the biggest game of our season so far, if you're telling me the players felt anywhere near the same then we'll just have to agree to disagree.