PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully Wilshere will be as good as Cleverley one day

Nicosia Gooner
02-02-2013, 08:46 AM
http://www.givemefootball.com/330160-cleverley-vs-wilshere-h eadtohead (http://www.givemefootball.com/330160-cleverley-vs-wilshere-headtohead)

Tom Cleverley and Jack Wilshere are considered by many to be the future of England's midfield.

Both players are already in the starting XI for two of the best teams in England and Europe, but who is better?

Somewhat inevitably, Manchester United fans would consider Cleverley to be the better prospect, whereas the Arsenal faithful would be backing Wilshere.

But lets take a look at what the statistics say about these two players performances in the Premier League this season.

It's worth noting at this point that Cleverley has made 16 league appearances to date, whilst Wilshere has played on no fewer than 14 occasions.

Goals:

Tom Cleverley - 2
Jack Wilshere - 0

On the goals front, Cleverley has outdone Wilshere although it must be taken into account that Wilshere plays more often as a defensive midfielder whereas Cleverley is sometimes further forward. That said, this is one department where Cleverley is superior (at least for now).

Assists:

Tom Cleverley - 1
Jack Wilshere - 3

Having set up Olivier Giroud in Arsenal's 2-2 draw with Liverpool last night, Wilshere's assist tally now stands at three, two more than Cleverley.

Slightly more defence minded than attacking players like Juan Mata, it's little surprise to see there assists tally relatively low, although this is obviously an area that both players will be keen to improve on.

Passing accuracy:

Tom Cleverley - 89.9%
Jack Wilshere - 87.2%

Cleverley has a better passing accuracy than Wilshere, but that's not to say Wilshere is a bad passer of the ball. Quite often, Wilshere tends to play the killer pass more often than Cleverley which could help to explain why his pass accuracy is slightly lower. Still, take nothing away from the United starlet, as he once again surpasses Wilshere in this instance.

From looking at these key stats, it would seem that Cleverley is currently a better player than Wilshere. However, lets remember that there are many aspects of matches which stats do not always show.

For example, Wilshere is renowned for his dribbling skills and his ability to quickly run past defenders. Some may also say that their defensive qualities also set them apart.

Overall there is no right or wrong answer, just opinions amongst fans. Some may say that as Wilshere is 21 and Cleverley is 23, the former still has more potential. Others may say Cleverley is more consistent and reliable.

One thing is for certain, England are lucky to have two fine midfielders play for two of the top teams in the country. But what do you think? Get in touch by leaving a comment below

Mo Britain less Europe
02-02-2013, 08:54 AM

Ronaldooooooo
02-02-2013, 09:02 AM
they knew nothing about football.

Seriously.

Not even up for debate.

It actually angers me at the thought of someone telling me so.

The Level Headed Dossa (The Wilderness Years)
02-02-2013, 09:04 AM
The real q is......why are they comparing them,different positions ... :shrug:

Nicosia Gooner
02-02-2013, 09:05 AM

Bergkamp's Brain
02-02-2013, 09:13 AM

barrybueno
02-02-2013, 09:15 AM

RobbieG
02-02-2013, 09:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GErfRoqr3Zo

Ashberto
02-02-2013, 09:38 AM

delboy ceg
02-02-2013, 10:09 AM

Mack
02-02-2013, 10:13 AM

Steve Williams - gay for Mark Knopfler
02-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Both have done nothing in the game yet all the same. I remember players like Lee Sharpe and Stephen Hughes to use comparisons from both clubs, two hugely talented footballers who at this exact moment are probably working out their accumulators and looking forward to an afternoon at the pub.

We all know how good Wilshere is. Ferguson knows how good Cleverly is and knows he can save him 20m in midfield. I suggest he knows more than any of us, or the journalist.

Comparing the two is silly, serves no purpose. My dad is bigger than yours etc. Silly.

Best to let both mature like a fine Bordeaux and see what happens.

Did I say silly?

Nicosia Gooner
02-02-2013, 10:45 AM
have to, why do you have to come along and spoil it?

Peter
02-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Meaningless nonsense in the main