PDA

View Full Version : So apart from the individual mistakes from the full backs last night

The Tony
01-31-2013, 10:39 AM
any reason to moan?

At Half Time I felt we were a bit unlucky to be losing. At Full Time I felt we were unlucky to draw.

Thought we ran Liverpool into the ground. Their goals were our own mistakes. It might as well have been two own goals. Sagna and Santos are putting way to much pressure on central defenders.

We may have to revert back to Tommy at Left back while Gibbs is out but don't think we'll see Jenkinson come in. Wenger wouldn't want to gamble on two new guys in the back line.

Was very pleased to see us battle on and get something out of the game. At one point you felt we were going to dish out a hammering.

I was happy with the midfield and attack finally comming together.

Walcott looked unplayable at times.

I think Wenger is finally getting what he wants from him ie a cross between Overmars and Ljungberg. He's on form in a big way now. When he's got the confidence to try and beat both Lucas and Gerrard for raw pace giving them headstarts you know he's form.

Giroud has always looked a class act to me so no surprise there.

Ramsey was top class in front of the defence. Plus points have to be given for his reading and passing to the attacks started. Very good. Will be interesting to see him and Arteta are allowed to form a fine axis in the middle. He was excellent in the 2nd half...just sitting back whipping the ball quickly forward and letting Wilshere, Podolski and Santi take it from there.

Really looking forward to the Bayern Games. A high intensity performance with no mistakes at the back will see us through to the quarter finals.

Giroud and Walcott could have this tie done and dusted in the 1st leg.

One Wilf Copping
01-31-2013, 10:48 AM
Alternatively, the glass might be half empty...

We'll know in the next few weeks.

PSRB
01-31-2013, 10:52 AM

East Upper for Supper
01-31-2013, 11:03 AM
as were they as well. For example Poldolskis clearance off the line from a the header, Chezneys dribble, TV blatant handball in the area going unoticed, Sturridge miss when being clean through. At half time I thought we were lucky only to be a goal down.

redgunamo
01-31-2013, 11:38 AM

PSRB
01-31-2013, 11:51 AM
headers, etc, etc. Thought we could easily have been level if not ahead