PDA

View Full Version : I miss Le Bob so much Cry

Jake
01-27-2013, 02:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hQ8YN2SSRM

Remi Garde
01-27-2013, 02:31 AM
Bergkamp, Henry and Vieria get all the mentions these days, but he was every bit as important to that team. Wonderful player, better than anyone we have now, sadly.

seasider7
01-27-2013, 02:38 AM
Remi Garde wrote on Sat, 26 January 2013 20:31

Bergkamp, Henry and Vieria get all the mentions these days, but he was every bit as important to that team. Wonderful player, better than anyone we have now, sadly.

What I wouldn't give for any ONE of those players in the current team :angry:

CrossGun
01-27-2013, 02:55 AM
Technically less than a mile from Bergkamp.

One Wilf Copping
01-27-2013, 10:09 AM
A legend among legends. Amazing to see the team salute him like that at 07:26.

Still think that team under-achieved in Europe - probably down to our non-flying Dutchman in part.

Even the less skilful players were immense. Players like Campbell who was unstoppable at his best, Lauren (probably the most underrated player of that period) or Gilberto who was a true warrior, fighting for the team and with an uncanny tactical awareness and sense of where the opposition's attacks would develop.

We could live another 100 years and not see another team like that. I think they were a better all-round team than the current Barca team. Don't think the Barca of today could have coped with the physical demand of the Premiership then...The quality of the Premiership then was also higher than now. The same could be said of La Liga and Serie A. This isn't a golden generation talent-wise regardless of the hype around Messi and Ronaldo...

:yikes: