PDA

View Full Version : don't worry.... as one window closes another opens

wibble the lobster
01-25-2013, 01:51 PM
no need to worry about the transfer window closing with no purchases

because the platinum membership team (with no sense of irony) has already been in touch this week to let me know my season ticket renewal window opens on 12th February. This is exciting stuff - indeed, despite having contacted me they wish me to confirm they have the right contact details as the renewal window can get quite tense.

I know it must just be one of those odd things that in this transfer window our management has failed to find anyone who could improve the squad, whilst the champions league winners could find a striker to improve theirs and the current PL leaders who are a couple of dozen points above us could find a winger/forward player to improve their current stock of Nani, Valencia and Young. And I know it is just pure coincidence that we pay the highest season ticket prices in the land to compete with such clubs (presumably on more than just executive bonuses).

But the thing is, I already have a pretty handy squad of two season tickets and even though their contracts expire at the end of this year and their performance this season has been inconsistent, I am just not sure there is anything out there in the market which can improve my current squad.

Personally I have faith that the tickets will have the mental strength to succeed in future even if they are not renewed. Of course, I'll be working hard over the renewal window to see if there is any opportunities out there but if the club is expecting me to pay out the Messi-equivalent of ticket prices, they will be disappointed.

Weak impotent satire, that will teach them.

Classic Jorge
01-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Nice work, subtle

wibble the lobster
01-25-2013, 01:55 PM
( at club level too)

Luis Anaconda
01-25-2013, 01:58 PM
Lend us a fiver, go on please

Monty91
01-25-2013, 02:00 PM

Luis Anaconda
01-25-2013, 02:01 PM

wibble the lobster
01-25-2013, 02:04 PM
I would do but I spent all my money on the increased season ticket prices and a lucky pre-match £3.20 packet of minstrels (what a bargain eh).

Mind you Giles Grimandi sat on the other side of the steps from me at the Swansea game and we had a nice chat at half time and then Pat Rice came over to say hi (Pat sits quietly a few rows down on the left - I suspect he doesnt pay for his tickets adn he doesn't stand up to show his hate for tottenham, but then that may be down to the dodgy knees).

I told Giles he would always be a legend for the tackle on Davids. He smiled as if no one had ever said that to him before. He confirmed he is still scouting for the club in France and we talked about Mvila a little (he told me his head was not right).

I suppose if they keep the nostalgia quotient up that high , it will be worth renewing after all.

As long as we don't watch the first half performances.

Nicosia Gooner
01-25-2013, 02:04 PM
there is no such thing

Monty91
01-25-2013, 02:06 PM

wibble the lobster
01-25-2013, 02:08 PM

Nicosia Gooner
01-25-2013, 02:09 PM

wibble the lobster
01-25-2013, 02:10 PM
It's so embarrassing when it's a cold night outside

Monty91
01-25-2013, 02:12 PM
the mother' is essentially horse****. What say you?

Luis Anaconda
01-25-2013, 02:17 PM

wibble the lobster
01-25-2013, 02:24 PM
like much of jewish law it is the product of the talmud and consideration of torah scripture and teh oral law tradition (mishnah) up to that point. I am not learned enough to quote you chapter and verse.

there are also various spiritual explanations about transmission of the soul as well as practical explanations about always knowing who the mother is and periods in jewish history when rape was prevalent. However, these are post-facto considerations being applied to explain a long established practice.

There is a widely held view that in biblical times, it was passed down through a patriarchal system. However this is impossible to ascertain as many of the potential examples (or their mothers) could have converted.

good to see you connecting.....if you keep going it will take the edge off that self-hatred. I promise.

wibble the lobster
01-25-2013, 04:14 PM