PDA

View Full Version : Shrug The Old Tease Shrug

One Wilf Copping
01-18-2013, 12:30 PM
In a staggering development, which will shock Wenger-watchers the world over, our glorious leader has today stepped back from his teasing hints of a Cavani signing and suggested that we can attain fourth place without any reinforcements and that FOCUS is more important than bringing in new, better players.

He has, however, identified new players for summer – names which will surprisingly be hinted at in the fortnight prior to the deadline for season ticket renewals...

“We can strengthen everywhere, but at the moment, it is more important that the team remains focused. If we find something, we will do it,” he continued.

“But I prefer to do business in the summer and have identified players for then. Even if you buy anybody, you have no guarantee that you will be in the top four.

"You think we cannot get into the top four as we are now? I think we can.”

redgunamo
01-18-2013, 12:32 PM

Redflag
01-18-2013, 12:33 PM
:-)

One Wilf Copping
01-18-2013, 12:34 PM
So, ahem, bringing in Cavani would be far less important than keeping Gervinho happy?

Curly
01-18-2013, 12:35 PM
"Oh yes,we are in for xxxxx and have bid xxxxxx millions.Hopefully he will sign but United and every other **** want him too"

Steve Williams - gay for Mark Knopfler
01-18-2013, 12:35 PM
He said he liked him.

Any clown that interpreted that as us potentially signing him is a big f**king eejit.

Maravilloso Marvo
01-18-2013, 12:37 PM
When asked "Do you like him?"

What is he meant to say, "Nah, he is sht." He said Napoli wouldn't want to sell him so you'd need to blow the price out of the water to tempt them. We aren't Man City.

One Wilf Copping
01-18-2013, 12:40 PM
OK, so when is a hint not a hint? When it's a 'like'... Either way he's still manipulating the media (fair enough) and teasing the fans who have been more than patient through some fairly chronic performances at times this season...

Wenger said: "Cavani is a player that I like. Will he cost a lot of money? That's for sure. Nobody would deny that. Our banker lives just next to me at the moment and he is ready if we find the right player."

redgunamo
01-18-2013, 12:40 PM
At least, not yet :itk: