PDA

View Full Version : have held back on my musings on yesterday's game but the vitriol cannot be held in any longer

wibble the lobster
01-14-2013, 07:49 PM
1. Theo cannot play as a lone central striker. lots of people saing this obviously but he offers no escape/target ball other than one over the top and guess what most defences are good enough to work against that. he showed zero effort at pressing as well. any fule know that the pressing game requires the whol team to be at it - if a few of your players wont do it , it cannot work.

It would be different if we put 8 men around our own box and played on the break but guess what we didnt do that.

2. The reason we held our own more in the second half was down to

- giroud coming on and offering a target (stopped again when mertesacker took over this role centrally)

- either city backed off or someone took responsbility for silva. the rest of city's midfield being more destructive than creative. silva was killing us in the first 20 minutes (with some help from our suicidal tactics)

3. Bothe before and after having a man down, I could clearly see our back 4 marking tevez, dzeko (at left wing) and milner (right wing). silva just stood in a hole in between tevez and dzeko behind our midfield. so our entire midfield , despite being a man down was ahead of 4 of their players.

maybe coaching has changed since I was a young lobster but I was always told the defence must have more men to hand than the attacking side. But all i could see was diaby, wilshire and cazorla all ahead of silva and no one picking him up. I know we were a man down and I know early on diaby podolski and wilshire were looking to nick the ball (unlike walcott) but this screamed lack of captaincy and organisation.

4. talking of organisation - you will not see a team more asleep than we were on the first goal.

5. sagna actually deliver a decent cross. screwed up a load more obviously including a few touches to make sure he didnt have to cross the ball. Get rid.

6. I thought gibbs and podolski at least put some effort in - but then i remembered how often in teh first 20 mins they got in behind gibbs. so again - what about the organisation and captaincy and plugging gaps - no? it should be there on the field but even f it isnt the difference between our bench not doing anything and mancini and platt clearly working on a defensive issue after 30 mins spoke volumes.

7. javi garcia is a beast. barry is carrying timber and he makes him look like a hobbit.

8. diaby was not ready or able. coquelin unlucky to miss out imo

9. jack wilshire will do well to be playing into his 30s. i know he is a dribbler but i have never seen a player fouled so much. it is getting to be an issue as he cant make the breaks if he gets hauled down every time.

10. Dean is a cnut of the highest order obviously . his advantage decisions were unfathomable and halfy way through the first half he appeared t be balming his linesman for it. i couldnt see the pen decision but seems it was a pen and an optional red/yellow/nothing card. this just makes both him and koscielny cnuts. it does notreduce his cnutishness one iota. And i didnt think kompany did anything wrong.

11. city were very poor in the second half. did they just decide to keep it tight?

12. we are about as good as everton (only they may have some better players and play with more tempo) and will not finish top 4 this season. teh club needs an overhaul - the whole point of the new stadium project was to be on a par with utd revenue-wise I thought - so even if we ignore competing with the City and Chelsea models how are we doing wth teh UTd comparisons these days. hmm

13. City get their stadium on the cheap from the council, £1bn off abu dhabi inc to buy our players (amongst others) for inflated prices and wages, and then their fans seem to think that other clubs shouldnt try and compete by raising revenue from legitimate means. Dont get me wrong I think

- ticket prices are too high
- in particular , they are too high if it is not resulting in a decent team on the pitch

but to see/hear the fans of a financially-doped club suggesting that other clubs should not try to compete with them by raising ticket prices is obscene.

14. i love what arsene wenger has done for the club. so gazidis ut; dick law out; Kroenke out (who wants a chairman who doesnt give a **** about the club); a few world class players in; arsene upstairs and a new guy in - in that order.

lets face it - hardly anyone is looking forward to swansea. half of us expect to lose. it's not funat the moment. when is borgen on next?

Blupunter
01-14-2013, 08:16 PM
Garcia is a beast? Barry carrying too much weight?

Actually, Garcia is a bit of a lightweight and Barry is a Trojan.