PDA

View Full Version : Wenger just sent me an email promising one or two new signings Clound Nine

Maravilloso Marvo
01-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Dear Marve,

We are frustrated that we did not beat Swansea City in the FA Cup third round on Sunday as we would like to have avoided a replay. However, if the choice is between going out or staying in the hat, I will always take the extra match.

I felt the first half was a bit one-paced, but in the second half the game became much more open and we created many chances.

We suddenly found ourselves 1-0 down after Michu's goal, but showed character and quality to get back into the game. We kept going and Swansea's keeper, Michel Vorm, kept them in it. I thought Kieran Gibbs had an outstanding game at the Liberty Stadium and gets better and better.

I felt that when we conceded the corner that led to Swansea's equaliser we lacked a little bit of calmness and focus. It's frustrating to concede a goal like that where we couldn't clear the ball before the corner. Even on the corner, we were first to the ball and didn't win it. But overall we have demonstrated quality and heart and that is positive.

We have the players to cope with the extra fixture. We had four players at home on Sunday, and I didn't bring on Oxlade-Chamberlain, Coquelin or Rosicky. Diaby is coming back and maybe we will have one or two coming in, too.

Thanks for your support,

Arsène Wenger

Monty91
01-07-2013, 02:42 PM
to email so many fans. I'm not naive - I know he probably copy and pastes the body of the message, but he still has to type in every individual email address.

Luis Anaconda
01-07-2013, 03:20 PM

Redflag
01-07-2013, 03:25 PM
... It's just as well that conceding goals like this is not a regular occurrence.

Maravilloso Marvo
01-07-2013, 03:27 PM
than us.

We're not THAT BAD, are we?

Redflag
01-07-2013, 03:38 PM
I was referring to our conceding goals from corners and set pieces .

eastgermanautos
01-07-2013, 04:27 PM