PDA

View Full Version : Kroenke watchers: Article praising his decisive moves one year ago

Chief Arrowhead
01-04-2013, 06:13 PM
with the St. Louis Rams. Cleaned house and brought in leadership that led to a much improved season.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/bernie-miklasz/bernie -kroenke-deserves-credit-but-there-s-more-to-be/article_b597 c3a1-5cea-5fd2-bb79-efab7ba72aa7.html (http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/bernie-miklasz/bernie-kroenke-deserves-credit-but-there-s-more-to-be/article_b597c3a1-5cea-5fd2-bb79-efab7ba72aa7.html)

Billy Goat Sverige
01-04-2013, 06:26 PM

Fred Killah
01-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Well, not really, but congrats on securing him. Thoughts?

eastgermanautos
01-04-2013, 06:39 PM
resulting in the latter being turned into hamburger.

Chief Arrowhead
01-04-2013, 06:56 PM
It was the concerted effort of Save Our Chiefs, their power in number on social media, and some high profile stunts -- Airplane banner over Arrowhead - "Blackout" Arrowhead (wearing all black to games) -- thst spurned our sleepy owner into action. Fired Crennell and Pioli, then went out and got the biggest fish in the pond with a huge full court press.... and lots of money.

I think this is absolutely the right environment for a coach like Reid. He'll be able to mold a team in his image without the negativity of the Philly media and fan base.

Can't wait to see the obligatory photo of him chowing down on KC BBQ with sauce all over his voluminous 'tache!

These moves get two hearty thumbs up from this long suffering fan!

Fred Killah
01-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Still, the injuries that hit our o-line this year would be a huge headache for any coach.

Chief Arrowhead
01-04-2013, 07:00 PM
after that time people get wist to a coaches BS. The players and fans stop responding to him. Lethargy sets in. Everyone starts to get on everyone elses nerves - players, fans and coaches.

Gee, does that describe another sports club and their situation?

Fred Killah
01-04-2013, 07:01 PM

Fred Killah
01-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Any preference on how to use that draft pick (assuming you're not going to trade down for it)?

Billy Goat Sverige
01-04-2013, 07:08 PM
I'm still waiting for Rivera to be sacked and a new GM and Chip Kelly to be brought in. Cam is leading us to the Bowl :cloud9:

Fred Killah
01-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Hoping Chip comes to us tbh!

Chief Arrowhead
01-04-2013, 07:14 PM
I know folks go crazy about it, similar to all the transfer season malarkey, but my only hope is that they get somebody that can actually play, I don't care what position.

with the new draft pay slots they have now it's much easier to trade down, so I would be vey much amenable to trading down for more picks -- because we need a LOT of players!

Priority #1 is a QB, but then we've needed one since 1972. Luckily Reid knows how to work with all kinds of QB's, look at all the different types he has worked with in the past. You get a coach like Reid because you know he can choose someone who can work under his system. Doesn't have to be a clear #1 stud.

Fred Killah
01-04-2013, 07:41 PM
in the team.

Anyway, best of luck with Reid. He's done us wonders, just needed to go in a new direction.

I'm sure he'll turn fortunes around for KC :thumbup: