PDA

View Full Version : Corals refusing to pay out on Bradford bets Nono

The Tony
12-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Monday 17th December 2012
Hannah Postles, T&A Reporter http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk

A life-long Bantams’ fan claims a bookmaker is refusing to pay out after he correctly predicted Bradford’s City’s historic victory against Arsenal in the Capital One Cup quarter finals.
Martin Bennett, 28, says he is still waiting for Coral on Harrogate Road to hand over his 350 winnings after he placed a “crazy” 5 bet on Phil Parkinson’s men holding the Premier League giants to a draw after 90 minutes and then winning on penalties at Valley Parade on Tuesday.
The truck driver told the Telegraph & Argus how his girlfriend went to collect the cash, but says she was told the betting shop had made a “mistake” and was unable to honour the wager.
He is now calling on Coral to pay out, claiming it had “taken the shine” off Bantams’ biggest game in 12 years.
“It was an amazing night – I’d gone to bed with a massive smile on my face knowing we were through to the semi-finals and I had won the money,” he said.
“By the time I’d woken up the next day I’d mentally spending, knowing it would be a weight off my mind with Christmas coming.
“Now it’s been taken away.”
Mr Bennett had a ticket for the club’s biggest game at Valley Parade for 12 years, but was forced to miss it because he was working – so decided to have a flutter at the bookmakers before watching the game at his Greengates home.
His betting slip says he had placed a “double” wager on Bantams’ to be drawing at full time at 3/1 and then win on penalties, with odds of 14/1.
“I’m not a betting man, so I asked the lady at the counter to help me pick the best bet,” he said.
“It wasn’t a normal bet, so she confirmed it with the person who authorises bets and it got the go ahead. I thought it was just a crazy bet, I wasn’t expecting it to come off at all.
“I’d been an emotional wreck during the game and it was an amazing feeling. I’ve been a fan all my life and to get through to the semi finals was unbelievable. The bet made it more exciting. But when my girlfriend went to collect the money they said they had made a mistake and couldn’t honour it – but could pay a single rate of 47. I couldn’t believe it.”
He met with the Coral branch manager, but said that they refused to take any details because Head Office would now be dealing with it.
A Coral spokesman said if he was not satisfied with the outcome of the meeting, he could contact their customer care department

Pokster
12-18-2012, 09:28 AM

Wilsheres Clockwork Toy
12-18-2012, 09:30 AM
You can't do a multi on the same game. Bradford to draw into them winning on penalties would not be allowed (things may have chnged since i last looked into it). You could only put the bet on them wining on penalties as it already has the draw built into the odds. Hence can't have penalties without the draw.

Luis Anaconda
12-18-2012, 09:35 AM

Pokster
12-18-2012, 09:39 AM

JJSB
12-18-2012, 09:47 AM
The odds are always worse offered as the single bet, compared to if you do them as two individual bets and work out the accumulative odds of the double. (Which of course the bookie wouldn't allow)

Luis Anaconda
12-18-2012, 09:48 AM

The Tony
12-18-2012, 09:48 AM
Its why I still have a Ladbrokes account open.

Ring Up, tell them the bet I'd like, they say its not available, I ask for a trader, speak to the trader. They call me back with their odds and then I decide if I want to do it or not.

Wilsheres Clockwork Toy
12-18-2012, 09:52 AM
If a trader allowed it, it would just be listed as Bradford to win on penalties at the odds they allowed. Im not saying they din't put the bet on but whoever put that through as a "bet" obviously din't realise it can't be. hence why they are not paying. Guy must be an idiot if he can't understand that in order to win on penalties it has to be a draw to begin with.

Pokster
12-18-2012, 09:57 AM
we have an indoor bucket

Hillary
12-18-2012, 10:01 AM

Pokster
12-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Rotherham

Hillary
12-18-2012, 10:31 AM