PDA

View Full Version : For me, this is what is unforgivable about last night

Chief Arrowhead
12-12-2012, 04:27 PM
There were at least 3 to 4,000 fans there, traveling hours, eating crappy northern food (that was for Jorge) and braving the cold for a WEEKNIGHT LEAGUE CUP MATCH. They went knowing they would return in the wee hours of the morning and knew they would spend hundreds of pounds. They did so for their club.

Do we hear one word from Wenger about their hardship? About them having been served a steaming poo-poo platter by their club and having to take the jibes from the home supporters?

If I were Wenger the first thing I would have given in the interview was an apology to all the away support. Instead we heard no acknowledgement that they even existed at any time in the interview, nor will we later I suspect. There are also mentions on twitter that he didn't even acknowledge their presence walking off after the match. All we got were excuses about a "slippery pitch" and how THEY had to deal with the cold.

Maybe he's "jaded" after facing the boo-boys at The Emirates, but the man has been around wayyy long enough to ascertain the difference between home and away support. The Arsenal has the best away support in the business and they proved it again last night.

There is absolutely no excuse for his rotten behaviour towards our best fans. He is permanently intertwined with all of upper management. As such he did more last night to reflect the contempt that the folks in the office feel about the fans who through spending their hard earned money make all of this ****e possible. People suspected this contempt previously, but it took a cold night in Bradford for it to be starkly revealed by the main man himself.

As of this morning I am now a member of the Wenger Out brigade. Patience in poor performances I got. Ignoring the blatant contempt for the team's supporters. No way.

Monty91
12-12-2012, 04:28 PM

Luis Anaconda
12-12-2012, 04:28 PM

Free SL
12-12-2012, 04:29 PM

7evens
12-12-2012, 04:29 PM
They're all the bloody same
Just ask redgunamo

redgunamo
12-12-2012, 04:42 PM
That's what the wife says about Wenger anyway; she's never liked Him.

Luis Anaconda
12-12-2012, 04:44 PM

redgunamo
12-12-2012, 04:46 PM

Ashberto
12-12-2012, 04:53 PM
You despise our fans (and all fans (and indeed all people)) so this will warp your perception but a commercially-oriented club such as ours really needs to not take its best punters for granted.

Surely we're all a leetle beet jaded with Arsene's meaningless post-match platitudes by now. We could actually set up a bingo card and tick them off. It wouldn't hurt for him to nod towards the fans now and again, to at least pretend that he gives a ****.

willich
12-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Emirates is dead with regard to atmosphere , too much moaning and empty seats , try to get to a few games in course of season where you really feel part of something , away support fantastic.

redgunamo
12-12-2012, 05:22 PM
going so well as we'd like. Actually, it's part of His charm.

*Wenger, I mean, of course.