PDA

View Full Version : Winning not everything.

Gunner Since Time Began - born to moan
12-06-2012, 02:28 PM
Arsenal-chief-Tom-Fox-Winning-isnt-everything.html (http://www.awimb.com/Arsenal-chief-Tom-Fox-Winning-isnt-everything.html)

sodd
12-06-2012, 02:28 PM

Classic Jorge
12-06-2012, 02:29 PM

Luis Anaconda
12-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Arsenal and post them on awimb. Never mind that they are ill-conceived bull**** that take quotes out of context and spin them to make them sound incredibly damaging. In no way does this make me a c**t at all http://www.awimb.com/images/smiley_icons/yawn.gif

Classic Jorge
12-06-2012, 02:33 PM

Pat Vegas
12-06-2012, 02:35 PM

Pat Vegas
12-06-2012, 02:35 PM

Luis Anaconda
12-06-2012, 02:38 PM
I believe an important prostitute at the club believes that an American TV channel being triumphant isn't all

PSRB
12-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Brand Awareness
Ooooooh, The Sun do like to try and stir up a bit of trouble, don't they.

'OFFICIAL: ARSENAL DON'T NEED TO WIN ANY MATCHES' barks their back-page headline, reporting words from the club's chief commercial officer Tom Fox. A man with a much cooler name than his job suggests.

Anyway, Shaun Custis writes: 'It's official - nobody at Arsenal is that bothered about the team actually winning games.

'The Gunners' chief commercial officier Tom Fox declared the "brand" was more important.'

You're probably way ahead of us here, but that's not quite what Mr Fox said.

He said: "Arsenal Football Club is not only about winning. We have a large and engaged fan-base around the world who want to feel as if they belong to the club, and want to feel proud to belong to the club. That's my primary business...our brand is defined by more than winning."

So, he didn't actually say the brand was more important at all. Just that there are other factors relevant to his job as commercial officer. Oh.

He went on to say: "Obviously nothing instils pride in our fan-base more than winning."

Nicosia Gooner
12-06-2012, 03:08 PM

Redflag
12-06-2012, 03:21 PM
He's been at AFC for 3 years and prior to his employment had no known interest in Arsenal football club. His simpering comments regarding the Emirates firm's new contract conveniently avoids mentioning that the Arabs ripped us off for years with the old contract, when they took advantage of our poor bargaining position due to the stadium debt at that time.
Fox should be trying to get someone else to compete with the Emirates Airline for the shirt deal instead of gushing on about non-existent loyalty . But to do this he would need Wenger to raise our profile by winning trophies. This would then attract others to want to promote their brand . There are not too many companies though that want to pay top dollar to be associated with losers.

Luis Anaconda
12-06-2012, 03:38 PM

Redflag
12-06-2012, 03:50 PM
is to stick to the day job,if you have one that is. Because you know nothing about finance and very little about football either .

PSRB
12-06-2012, 03:54 PM
and due to being "ripped off" we were able to build the shiny new stadium we currently reside in whilst being financially stable and will produce massive increases in revenues over the years to come thus ensuring there is a football club for your kids and their kids to support......apart from that what has the Emirates deal ever done for us?!

Redflag
12-06-2012, 03:58 PM

Nicosia Gooner
12-06-2012, 04:14 PM

Redflag
12-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Reading this brought tears to my eyes! I'm pleased that we do now have a more realistic shirt deal though than the paltry amount that we have been receiving. This doesn't change the fact however that the original deal with the Emirates was undersold to them.
Ticket money and selling top players ,during the last 8 trophyless seasons was what funded the stadium and not shirt sponsorship.
It will be interesting to see how much of the new money is actually invested in the squad each season - with Stan not having ruled out paying himself and the other shareholders dividends each year in the future . Come back and tell me about it in a couple of years http://www.awimb.com/images/smiley_icons/smile.gif

Redflag
12-06-2012, 04:33 PM
with your odd obsession with school kid remarks.

PSRB
12-06-2012, 04:38 PM
I'd hazard a guess we approached more than 1 company over the sponsorship deal and the fact we actually got a deal that worked for us, as in getting the money upfront. We also couldn't have foreseen the sugar daddy's arriving in football

Nicosia Gooner
12-06-2012, 04:47 PM

Redflag
12-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Mc Alpine the builder's wanting the cash on time .The Emirates Airline took advantage of our plight and ripped us off. Everyone knows that and the actual figures regarding the stadium and old shirt deal prove it. And no maudlin sentimental claims about loyalty from Foxy regarding the Arabs will change that. Also other clubs have new deals in the pipeline themselves that are likely to dwarf our ones,if they get past FFP that is. I wouldn't bet on them not doing so.

PSRB
12-06-2012, 04:56 PM
will probably be more, that's how it works,ours is now the benchmark (I'll ignore the United & City deals as they're in a different league to us)

Redflag
12-06-2012, 04:58 PM
If the cap fits then wear it 'arry Stotle http://www.awimb.com/images/smiley_icons/greenwatson.gif

Redflag
12-06-2012, 05:16 PM
if taking account of us not actually ever winning anything, like just par for the course really. All of this loyalty **** is just a ploy by Fox to try and give the lack of success on the football pitch a swerve , by turning attention to the boardroom.
I noted that his comments regarding our supporters 'like winning' are rather ironic really when some use them to mock the media with. The irony of it obviously being lost on them.
Developing kids, right , let's face it Wenger buys them in the main from other clubs .Walcott and AOC ,Fabregas, and so on were not products of our academy .These type of young players would make it at any top club. They wouldn't get paid as much though until they had proved themselves . So once again money enters into the equation regarding Fox's claims on this also. Apart from the Fact that the club sells the kids for a profit.So what is there to be proud about regarding all of this malarkey?

Gunner Since Time Began - born to moan
12-06-2012, 06:24 PM