PDA

View Full Version : The board has developed into a rancourous place....

Camp Freddie
12-02-2012, 12:14 PM
...I'm as guilty as everyone else, but it is sad that we have gone from a few personal dislikes to abject hatred between lots of us over the last few months. I expect a few 'f**k off you c**t' messages back but we weren't like this only a year or so ago.

Just saying like!

Mack
12-02-2012, 12:29 PM
There does seem to be a disproportionate number of wums though.

One Wilf Copping
12-02-2012, 02:37 PM
I think a lot of it is just displaced frustration and bitterness at the performances on the pitch. People on both sides of the argument have been loathe to criticise Wenger, despite the obvious decline. It's not just the lack of trophies in recent years that grates though, it's the almost wilful refusal to compete - at every level.

Professional athletes that are too fat (Arshavin, Santos etc), players that won't/don't run, mistakes being repeated endlessly, tactical naivety, woeful substitutions, fat contracts as reward for mediocre players, endless injuries, refusing to even aim for success, fourth being claimed as a trophy, the same bullsh1t lines being churned out in every interview as if the fans are mindless fools, deafening PA in the stadium, soulless atmosphere in the ground for most games, hypocritical board members etc, etc. All this and then being relentlessly squeezed financially for every last penny.

Despite it all, Gooners are a generous-minded bunch and most feel a debt of loyalty to Wnger for all he achieved (I know I did and almost still do), so it's not been easy to face the reality or to call for change. No wonder, then, that some people come here and to other sites to vent their spleen.