PDA

View Full Version : My frustrations with Walcott.

NORTHBANKRIP
11-29-2012, 01:16 PM
As an impact player I think he is one of the most devastating players in the EPL.
His raw pace is his obvious weapon of choice and using that on tired defenders late on has been highly efficient this season. As a supporter I see this and think well Wenger has to start him next week.

When he starts a game for the first 20 minutes he again looks absolutly dazzling and his ability to get in behind the defenders and open up space for others allows us to play attacking football with real penetration.

The frustration comes after that first 20 - 30 minutes. Suddenly he goes missing. The runs stop or the defenders get wise and block him off the ball. He also decides its better to take a player on or pass it inside rather than just running into space.
Last night at Everton this was eveident for all to see. The early goal came about when he ran into the space and opened up the toffees. That phase of play gave me huge optimism for the evening ahead. That however was literally the last we saw of him.

He took a knock and didnt want to know after that. Everton went touch tight and his physical weakness really showed.

With players around him like Cazorla and wilshere with the ability to pick a pass he needs to be looking for the give and go for 90 minutes not just the first 20 depending on his 'mood'.

Brentwood
11-29-2012, 01:18 PM

The Tony
11-29-2012, 01:26 PM
striker, winger, midfielder....make up yer mind arsene.

same Santi, Ox, Ramsey, Podolski and Gervinho.

Redflag
11-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Good points, but against that you have donkeys who can play 90 minutes but contribute very little.

At least Walcott does score goals and makes assists , without his contributions our league position would be far worse than what it currently is.

He also made a big contribution toward us qualifying for the next stage of the CL.

Everything in football is relevant to results and bit part players can often do more in regard to that than some who just plod away.

7evens
11-29-2012, 01:30 PM
Rumblings of descent will not be tolerated, until the point where Wenger realises that he's run out of idea's of how to get the best out of his players and graciously resigns.

Only then will the fans who defended him most, come to acknowledge that perhaps 'Arsene didn't know' any more.

Monty91
11-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Or do you mean collectively?

Bergkamp's Brain
11-29-2012, 01:36 PM
a player with ability is always going to show it. Consistency comes with understanding the game, one's role in the team and one's own limitations. I don't think Walcott has learned enough about any of those. I personally think that he would be good, in this system, if he plays down the left of centre, rather than the right.

7evens
11-29-2012, 01:40 PM
Now is probably not one of those times.

He needs to get these obviously talented *******s ( Ramsey aside ) playing for each other.

Monty91
11-29-2012, 01:42 PM
that we may have a strong second half of the season and consolidate at least a top four spot, no? Anymore than that, as we both know, we simply cannot demand, given the strength of the big three.

Steve Williams - gay for Mark Knopfler
11-29-2012, 01:46 PM
Not sure there really is that much to choose between the merits of Chelsea's squad v our own (on paper of course).

I have also more than once read scathing summations of United's squad (save for their front two) on here.

7evens
11-29-2012, 01:47 PM
It should also be noted that Manure fell at Everton, Norwich and Spurs.
What distances them is their annoying capacity to squeeze results from the also rans and their unwaivering mindset.

Monty91
11-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Look at how we clawed things back after last season's appalling start? And our record of coming from behind, and last minute goals, is one of the best.

It was interesting listening to a conversation between spurs fans recently after Spurs capitulated against someone or other. They were bemoaning how Arsenal have a winning mentality that runs throughout the club and that spurs simply don't have. Perspective, eh?

Might have been after the 5-2 last season actually!

Jenko -EE27
11-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Pick on ****e like Gervinho or Ramsey not our better players.