PDA

View Full Version : I hear that Gary Neville made a good point on Saturday that many people missed about Bale,

Snin
11-19-2012, 05:27 PM
after Adebayor was sent off, his positional sense was appaling. He often went walkabout leaving Naughton, a young, right-footed player playing left-back, alone to deal with the Walcott - Sagna - Cazorla triangle and was ripped apart on numerous occasions. Defensively he was irresponsible

Nicosia Gooner
11-19-2012, 07:24 PM
I know it isn't his natural position but why didn't AVB replace him? He was having a nightmare against Theo

Peter
11-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Look at the marking in the box for his goal. Bear in mind that theo has just run 20 yards down the wing and is nearing the line, they know a cross may well be coming. Not one of them is set, and nobody is marked. That is pitiful.

Tactically they are probably better organised than us but their actual back four is awful. Hence their tactics, which fell to pieces after the red card.

Nicosia Gooner
11-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Theo was about 5 yards from the line not 20 and very closely marked but used great skill and a fantastic cross. Why not give our players credit for losing their markers rather than put it down to just bad marking?

Peter
11-19-2012, 09:12 PM
I said he was nearing the line, but ran a long way with the ball, hence the defenders should have known a cross was coming. It was a great cross but that is not remotely anything to do with the point.

The point is the defence should be on their toes and on their men. They are neither.

Great cross, great header. Not the point. Awful defending. Nobody 'lost' their marker- the defenders are just stood there doing nothing.