PDA

View Full Version : It looked to me

Redflag
11-18-2012, 10:23 AM
that after a shaky start we were starting to give the spuds problems just before the Adebayor sending off.
Webb doesn't always show red cards for those tackles though as we saw when he reffed the Spain v Holland World Cup Final and in other games. Especially if Paul Scholes is the culprit. So it was a relief when he did the right thing and the dismissal didn't do our chances any harm. The game was deja v last season when they went 2 goals up in that one and then collapsed under pressure. I don't buy the claims though that had Adebayor remained on the pitch that this means that we would have lost the game.
The current spuds side is just a counter attacking one and rather like our one lose can lose the plot at periods in games .Tottenham caused us problems in defense, there is no point in trying to claim otherwise,and better sides than them will find us out due to our defensive problems. Some already have and despite yesterdays fun-fest those problems are still there.
On another note Walcott is easily in todays mad money football worth 100k a week and only some c**t of a CEO with no ambition other than making a profit would quibble about that.

andy smith
11-18-2012, 10:35 AM
If they give him the money, they'll have Cazorla, Wilshere etc knocking on the door before too long.

He was excellent yesterday but in games when the opposition sticks ten men behind the ball I've yet to see him be consistently effective. I want him to stay but Chamberlain is a better long term bet I reckon.

Redflag
11-18-2012, 10:51 AM
When AOC is trained up he will asking for the going rate. Under the current regime though he won't get it because some new wonder boy will be coming through.
Personally I think the fact that players contracts are allowed to run down is done on purpose to provide an excuse to sell them when they ask for more money .
There are too many cases of top players being allowed to run down their contracts at AFC for this to be a coincidence. Once could be a mistake,twice a coincidence , but three times or more is a pattern.

Peter
11-18-2012, 11:09 AM
On pushing high up the pitch, getting tight on our midfield and attacking our full backs. And it was working.

It wouldnt have carried on working and the game would have changed anyway. The notion that they were 'rampant' for 15 minutes is a bit far fetched. It wasnt that bad.

Once adebayor went they proved conclusively that they couldnt cope with us when we had the ball. Sorry, but thatbisnt good enough.

They can hide behind the sending off if they want to but it is merely covering the truth. Defensively, they are as bad as us.

Brentwood
11-18-2012, 11:21 AM
They can hardly blame it for such a heavy defeat

Peter
11-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Like being 4-0up at newcastle for example. Nobody blamed the sending off for that collapse. Well, nobody with half a brain.

Harry Balls
11-18-2012, 01:16 PM

eastgermanautos
11-18-2012, 01:36 PM
No-ond to meet the left coming-in attack that bale did to net the 2nd. arteta not fast enough either. song also wasn't too speedy, come to think of it.

Peter
11-18-2012, 02:13 PM
Which makes using the sending off as an excuse even more absurd.

I can recall us being criticised for faling to barca's overtures when rvp got sent off, in a game where we were already being completely dominated.

Now we are expected to believe that it is perfectly natural for a game to swing violently in the opposite direction simply because of a sending off.

ArseMart - Enjoy every sandwich
11-18-2012, 02:49 PM

andy smith
11-18-2012, 03:08 PM
They are both more valuable to us than Walcott - so if we give him £100k, what are they going to ask for?

ArseMart - Enjoy every sandwich
11-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Sooner the players get the money than that f**king ****er Kronke.

willich
11-18-2012, 06:42 PM
Will yesterday's win be a turning point , or is it just papering over the cracks for another few weeks , thought they were going to score 3/4 until he was sent off , something doesn't seem right with team , playing more like individuals than a team , the Germans seem to put in a shift .