PDA

View Full Version : I've been so looking forward to this Karl Rove 'meltdown' expecting to see some old

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
11-07-2012, 07:53 PM
hawk apoplectically cussing and hollering before having to be dragged from the studio by burly security guards, leaving a trail of drool and saliva in his wake.

What I see is a stubborn old man suggesting that the projection might be premature given that there were, at the time, 900 odd votes in it, from a total of about 4 million cast. Our politicians here always refuse to concede in a similar way until the actual counts are announced.

I think he had a point. The problem I see with 'projecting' the President into the White House this way is that those people still involved in vote counting will cease performing with any diligence and effectively start rushing it through ( they will have all had extremely long days).

Chief Arrowhead
11-07-2012, 08:36 PM
They do their best to delay and extend out the whole election process. I guarantee you every Sunday show this week will have a segment on "The 2016 Potential Field". They stew in it, marinate in it, etc., for four long years.

The we get to election day and there's a mad rush to declare it over. They were getting pissy that Romney was wanting to wait 5 minutes!

All day yesterday they said, 'Don't trust the exit polls' .. then the exit polls came out and it was 'Here's what the exit polls are telling us!'

Will be interesting to see what happens now. They might demand a pound of flesh from Obama for carrying his water and turn on him. Doubtful, but possible.

seasider7
11-07-2012, 09:21 PM
he knew the vast abundance of outstanding votes were from heavily Democratic areas. There was simply not enough GOP friendly areas still to report.

Obama ended up winning OH by over 100,000 votes.

Rove bet everything on stealing OH, part of his masterplan in raising $175,000,000 of outside money.

Rove is an electoral wizard, he is highly respected (though insanely biased obviously). Watching other electoral experts explain it to him was farcical,..like watching Franny Jeffers explain finishing to RvP.