PDA

View Full Version : wenger led us to 3 titles (inc 2 doubles) what makes people think he is the problem?

Mo Britain less Europe
11-04-2012, 09:36 AM

R.C. Celebrating the return of Trophies
11-04-2012, 09:57 AM
the success and exciting football he brought to our club by the same reasoning he must shoulder the blame for the failure and turgid, appathetic ****e he has presided over in more recent years.

RobbieG
11-04-2012, 10:00 AM
He's not as good anymore? is that really such a ridiculous idea??

Mo Britain less Europe
11-04-2012, 10:04 AM

ArseMart - Enjoy every sandwich
11-04-2012, 10:05 AM

11-04-2012, 10:08 AM
and when it comes to owners milking clubs then I would point you inthe Glazers direction. Hasn't stopped Utd winning or competing has it?

Rich
11-04-2012, 10:18 AM
competing with United, Chelsea and City (even Liverpool, actually)?!

Either from owners that pump money into their clubs like a toy (which will soon fall foul of FFP) or they are so hugely commercially successful that they create obscene sums of money - even for a football club.

I understand why a fan could be slightly blinded by their love for the club but the fact is that Chelsea, City and United will NOT be our main rivals for a few years. As the board said at the AGM - when we can re-negotiate the sponsorship deals that gave us a lump sum that made building the Emirates possible, we'll be so much stronger financially. At the moment the clubs I mention above can at least double our wages, meaning their clubs are far more attractive to players. They also force the cost of top players up to a level we can't afford so we will never be able to compete for their signatures - even if we could afford their wages.

Wenger does an unbelievable job to keep us in the top four. I genuinely can't believe he manages it when Chelsea, City, United, Liverpool and even Spurs are currently able to pay players over £100,000 a week. For the next couple of years it is essential to remain prudent and keep the club in the Champions League. The only alternative is the Usmanov theory. What we don't want to do is get rid of the best thing about our club - Arsene Wenger. He is so loyal but could walk into any Managment job in world football.

Mack
11-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Or should that be yes, no. Maybe?

'Neg
11-04-2012, 10:23 AM
I like it better when you are being an idiotic c**t.

Rich
11-04-2012, 10:25 AM
we're really our only rivals. As Wenger said himself, nobody could have forseen how dramatically and quickly the financial world of football has changed.

It's testament to Wenger's brilliance that he's kept us at the top of the game all that time. Especially last season. Quite how we finished 3rd I don't know. Class.

Mo Britain less Europe
ferguson pots of money to spend

Mack
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/05_01/CharlieGeorge_468x301.jpg

Rich
11-04-2012, 10:26 AM

Mack
11-04-2012, 10:26 AM

Mo Britain less Europe
11-04-2012, 10:27 AM

'Neg
11-04-2012, 10:28 AM
so that's where the perceived problem lies. Other clubs have started operating on a different financial level. We can't/won't.

11-04-2012, 10:29 AM
You actually believe the bull**** being spouted by the club.
We are being run and ruined by cheapskates who wont pay the cost of winning 2 of the 4 trophies we enter and dont take seriously the 2 that are left.
You keep pinning your hopes on the ability of UEFA to enforce FFP in the future while other clubs get on with competing and winning NOW.

We dont compete now because the club choose not to not because we cant. c**t

11-04-2012, 10:31 AM
because we haven't been at the 'top' in this league since 2004

Mo Britain less Europe
11-04-2012, 10:35 AM
the accountants tell us we are the 5th richest team in the world. To me that sounds more like "won't spend" rather than "can't spend".

Before Wenger (after Graham) the aim was to finish high up the table, he revised that to trying to win the league. In recent years that expectation has been revised to 4th place.

If you accepted we cannot compete financially with Chelsea, City and Manu - which is wrong because all you need is a sugar daddy to compete the first two and we are a far more attractive club for one of those if we wanted to be - then as the 5th richest club in the world we should not be regularly in a battle with far poorer clubs such as spurs and everton. It isn't finance, it is board policy which holds us back.

merce58
11-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Like us fans it must be really deflating for AW that
every season has to sell his best players. A typical
scenario for him is that he wanted Mata, but was told we
cant get you Mata but we can get you Benayoun on loan.
Im not saying Wenger is completely blameless, but I would
like to see him given another chance with some backing to
spend money and not worry about losing his best players,
unfortunately this wont happen with the current board.
So we have to accept we can only be a decent team but nothing
more at present. KRONKE OUT!