PDA

View Full Version : A friend of mine is insisting that there was a big issue at the club during the international break

Peter
11-03-2012, 07:31 PM
That led to wenger confirming that he wont sign another deal. Club have more or less agreed that he will leave in the summer. The players found out when they returned.

I would imagine that this is utter ****. It 'would explain a lot' of course....which convinces me that it is a convenient untruth.

I still think something has happened within the club recently. The poverty of these performances must have an explanation, somehere.

Eboue's Boutique
11-03-2012, 07:34 PM

Bergkamp's Brain
11-03-2012, 07:35 PM
I'm hearing that Bould and Wenger have fallen out, but I guess that is ****e too.

o2be a gooner
11-03-2012, 07:35 PM

PET
11-03-2012, 07:37 PM
responded at all ..

One Wilf Copping
11-03-2012, 07:38 PM
As you say, it sounds almost too convenient to be true. Someone else was telling me though how strained Wenger looked at the AGM and his body language and expressions in subsequent interviews.

Whtever, he doesn't look very healthy and his spee-rit has certainly been better. It's almost as if he's questioning himself. He always said that he questions himself daily whether his motivation is there and whether he has that raw animal desire to be top dog. He gets very primal talking about this stuff on occasion.
M

Peter
11-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Am i right that wenger's contract runs out end of next season?

I actually dont think he will sign another one. I have a feeling next season will be his last unless we turn things around.

Things are getting worse each year. Three years ago we looked like we could be onto something butvirtually the entire team has left now. From wher we are right now it is a bloody long road to success.

JJSB
problem which is the main factor in the recent decline in performances.

Is it really just a few weeks since there was talk of another promising Arsenal team coming together?

Satan
Nothing happened at the club. Wengers ****ty tight fisted buys have caught up with him.

barrybueno
11-03-2012, 07:40 PM
You have a friend?

http://www.awimb.com/images/smiley_icons/hide.gif sorry

TRENT COLTON
11-03-2012, 07:41 PM

Peter
11-03-2012, 07:41 PM
That can be settled over a pint.

The players, for whatever reason, look out of sorts from kick off

plastic james
11-03-2012, 07:45 PM
he knows this is nonsense.

others in the club though http://www.awimb.com/images/smiley_icons/rubchin.gif i means stan Kroenke said: 'We have a whole different philosophy I think in the States, maybe, but I think it's time maybe for everybody to think a little bit.

'I think they ought to think about who invests in these clubs.

'He (Glazer) took money out of the club. So what? (LA Lakers owner) Jerry Buss takes money out of his club. A lot of owners in the US do. No-one ever says anything about it.

adding he doesnt understand what the united fans want?

Supermac1976
11-03-2012, 07:46 PM

plastic james
11-03-2012, 07:50 PM
10 years ago he though building this stadium was possible as we could compete anyway.....then chelsea happened.

5 years ago he argued his response was to grow a talented team together and win on the cheap. that team was destroyed by richer clubs.

now, he has no answers, he knows he cant compete with his current funds and the fans think he should do more which is bizarre.
that can break any man, all his dreams have gone up in flames, wenger is a fierce competitor who hates every second of his current situation.

PET
11-03-2012, 07:57 PM
The players buys, wages, prices, contract renewals.. everything are Wenger's choices..

If he is not happy with the current situation..its fault of his own making.. It was his decision to renew Rosicky's , Djourou contracts.

Bergkamp's Brain
11-03-2012, 08:00 PM
I'd be surprised if he extends. I wonder how much money he will get to spend next summer, if he is not going to sign?

plastic james
11-03-2012, 08:04 PM
arsenal wages 140 million

chelsea wages 180 million

man united 180 million

man city wages 190 million

transfer money spent

arsenal 0

chelsea 80 million

man city 55 million

man united 50 million

how does wages of rocisky and djouru change this picture? were almost 100 million short every summer compared to these 3.

PET
11-03-2012, 08:17 PM
it on quality options in the market.. Refer my earlier post..He has gone into the season with just 1 recognised striker (Chamakh was not his plans and didnt want to leave, LPOD was going to be played as a winger) He chose to trust 3 midfielders who are in no position to play consistently at the top level because of injury related factors. He doesnt play Arshavin enough even if he is beter than most of ****e he is surrounded by .. How is the Board responsible for any of this ..

plastic james
11-03-2012, 08:26 PM
what you just said was comes under tactical failures which the manager is responsible for. i agree he makes misstakes.

but the question is even if he corrects these litle misstake is our potential/ability more than a top 4 with out spending money on quality players? the answer is no thus the overall job he does is good.

my problem with the current owner is that every year our debt gets smaller, the club becomes worth more, we're about to get new sponsorship deals. with all that future money and increase worth, he should spend his own money to make us more competitive, which woud lead to more sponsors, more world wide fans, more price money, more tv money and thus even more to spend on the team....which means the total worth of the club goes further up.

he doesnt have that mind set, he is doing everything on the cheap, refusing to spend his own money and isnt speculating to accumulate, this short sighted policy leads to stagnation and more pressure on the manager to do miracles.

the club lacks drive from the top