PDA

View Full Version : The question is if Wenger was sacked...

Darren's Dodgy Denim
11-03-2012, 03:36 PM
who could you realistically get in?

Mourinho would not come, or potentially not even be wanted due to playstyle.

Moyes and Redknapp are untried at big clubs.

Paul Vaessen's moment of glory
11-03-2012, 03:40 PM
football BEFORE the Premiership? Or Arsenal Football Club before Arsene Wenger? I'm not calling him to be sacked, he still has my support, but I defy the snotty idiots who defend his every move to explain to me his constant humiliations at the hands of Ferguson.

wagoaw (out only, no in)
11-03-2012, 03:41 PM
that consistency is not easy to achieve.

Billy Goat Sverige
11-03-2012, 03:43 PM

Ghost of Highbury
11-03-2012, 03:45 PM
e likes of chelsea and the mancs

Chief Arrowhead
11-03-2012, 03:46 PM
We are wedded to a certain style of football and that won't change, given our ambitions from a marketing standpoint.

He's the right age difference from Wenger to give Wenger the appearance of "mentor". (Wenger would stay on as a "consultant" upstairs).

The desire for stability would be attractive to him, as would the expectations. We have enough money to make that bit more than attractive.

There isn't any real history of "bad blood" between Wenger and Guardiola, all of that lies with our fanbase. However, I reckon he would readily be accepted.

Allows for Arsenal to continue to attract that certain type of player that Arsenal has become known for.

Time sort of stands still for us fans. The reality is that Wenger is getting up there and a younger manager would be a more attractive option for some players. Also, keep in mind that hardly any players remember the good old '1-0 to the Arsenal' days. We have a signature style of play. To scrap that now for the more dour stuff would be rather chaotic. We'd lose our brand with the fan base as well as the players we are trying to attract.

I would see Guardiola getting a two/three year grace period and can foresee a decade+ run as manager.

One Wilf Copping
11-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Klopp wouldn't come, but he'd be fantastic.

Other names?

Löw, Martinez (Juan Ignacio), Simeone (imagine him working with Grimandi), Mazzari, Bilic, Emery, Bergkamp, etc, etc.

plastic james
11-03-2012, 03:50 PM
its fair to point out he competed in the bundesliga which has only one team richer than his team. it doesnt make him a bad choice, i think he is a fantastic manager. but our economic reality will still be there.

sheikh mansor is worth 20 billion, abramovic is worth 13 billion....stan is wroth 2 billion.....he cant/wont compete with them......but usmanov is worth 15 billion and is willing to compete..the solution is obvious let him take this club forward...if that happens i couldnt care less who we appoint as a manager

andy smith
11-03-2012, 04:00 PM
He gets paid £7m a year for a reason: to take their ****.

He will go on his own terms - probably in 2014, a date the whole club seems to be working towards what with the commercial deals and FFP.