PDA

View Full Version : As I was saying below about religious wackos and Frankenstorm......

Gunner Since Time Began - born to moan
10-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Hurricane Sandy Blamed On Gays, Obama And Romney By Preacher John McTernan

The Eastern seaboard may have yet to experience the full wrath of Hurricane Sandy, but one right-wing Christian preacher is already pointing the finger at the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community.

In a wordy and occasionally rambling blog on his website, chaplain John McTernan seems to link Hurricane Sandy (and a number of other recent weather-related trends and natural disasters) on LGBT people and President Barack Obama's recent backing of marriage equality. While most of McTernan's wrath is directed at Obama, he has some choice words for GOP candidate Mitt Romney, too.

"God is systematically destroying America," McTernan writes. "Just look at what has happened this year."

Calling Sandy "the most powerful hurricane on record" that "could do catastrophic damage to the entire Northeast," McTernan adds, "Obama is 100 percent behind the Muslim Brotherhood which has vowed to destroy Israel and take Jerusalem. Both candidates are pro-homosexual and are behind the homosexual agenda. America is under political judgment and the church does not know it!"

You can read the full blog here.

In a second blog titled "Hurricane Sandy and the Election," he said of Romney, "Yes, he is a big time pro-homosexual supporter to the point he will keep open homosexuality in the military; he wants homosexuals in the Boy Scouts; and he wants more open homosexuals in the Republican Party."

Earlier this year, McTernan similarly linked Hurricane Isaac with the LGBT community, pointing to the fact that the life-threatening storm coincided with Southern Decadence, New Orleans' "Gay Mardi Gras."

Pat Vegas
10-30-2012, 05:17 PM

plastic james
10-30-2012, 05:25 PM
@@@@@obsession@@@@

Snin
10-30-2012, 05:29 PM

Pat Vegas
10-30-2012, 05:30 PM

plastic james
10-30-2012, 05:37 PM
its a 3rd rate nation that without their oil produce less than catalunia, they have 1/4 of the saudi defense budget and couldnt defeat irak in a 10 year war.

the idea that such an average nation is a threat to the only super power in the world is laughable, yet the americans keep talking about how iran is a threat to them and the world...cant understand their mass hysteria, its based on nothing

plastic james
10-30-2012, 05:40 PM
if something new happens tomorrow, he will track down a view from a right wing christian and share it with us. it looks like an obsession ....at the end of the day everybody cant have the same opinion in this world....let them have their and you get on with yours

Blakus126
10-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Their theocracy like all theocracies are a disgrace and I hope the people are freed from it soon. But America are never going to get involved unless they can gain directly. Principally, as you say, there is no oil.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-30-2012, 05:44 PM

Camp Freddie
10-30-2012, 05:47 PM
..not hard to work out. Anything that threatens the trajectory of US foreign policy is deemed as a threat.

Camp Freddie
10-30-2012, 05:47 PM

Camp Freddie
10-30-2012, 05:49 PM
...After all do we see the US posturing against that well known democracy in Saudi Arabia?

plastic james
10-30-2012, 05:52 PM
its the obligation of people living under that dictatorship to remove it if they want.

other countries getting involved just makes it a longer mess, just look at irak, america wasted a trillion dollar to remove a sunni dominated government to install a shia dominated government.....what was the point?

unless a country is a threat to you, dont get involved, iran is not a threat to the americans just like irak wasnt, which is why i cant understand their mass hysteria, no country in the world is a military threat to the americans. however they have several economic threats, like china, russia, brazil who are dominating latin america more and more, and potentially even the EU.

for them to waste time and money chasing camels in the desert be it irak or iran is just the action of a confused nation.

plastic james
10-30-2012, 06:00 PM
iran cant stop the americans from getting it.

i think the russians and the Chinese watch and laugh as the americans chase ghost all over the desert as the other two are getting stronger and stronger.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-30-2012, 06:06 PM

Blakus126
10-30-2012, 06:07 PM
You know fighting 'the war on terror'. I don't think it is that simple to say it's down to the people. These are in majority are uneducated, poor and oppressed people living under a rule that still favors barbaric methods (stoning, torture, death penalty etc) of dealing with those who want to even question the authority.

Though I agree the Iraq situation was quite farcical. I think its the duty of those with the power (US and others) to reverse the plight of these people and step in. Though in this world they need some 'reward' for their troubles (oil etc).

I understand I'm living a bit in fantasy that these problems are easily solvable, but I don't agree with leaving these governments to their own devices.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-30-2012, 06:32 PM

Chief Arrowhead
10-30-2012, 06:40 PM
how is that different than the man-made global warming brigade? The only difference I can see is that in his case God is merely an intermediary.

wibble the lobster
10-30-2012, 07:00 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_reserves#Estimated_reserves _by_country (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_reserves#Estimated_reserves_by_country)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_reserves

now ask yourself why anyone would get suspicious of a nuclear programme promoted by a leader who has repeatedly called for the elimination of another country (enough links already)