PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the board or Wenger give a rat's ass on AGM or fans? A half empty stadium will be their

Cyprus The Immortal Gooner
10-25-2012, 01:32 PM
first consideration imo...

Mack
10-25-2012, 01:35 PM

plastic james
10-25-2012, 01:43 PM
this is our front 4 in 2005 pires/bergkamp/henry/freddie

in 2009 it was nasri/RVP/fabregas/arshavin/walcott

last night podolski/cazorla/girvinho/ramsey

this is not coincidence we spend less and less every year, the team is getting worse and worse.....this is linked to investment.

so what can wenger do? he doesn't own the club, he works with the funds available, keeping us in the top 4 every year despite spending less than relegated teams is an achievement.

the current owner either makes fund available or lets usmanov move the club forward. it has nothing to do with wenger

Yesterday Once More
10-25-2012, 01:47 PM
They have claimed, year on year, that the decision not to spend more than we have on better quality players was Wengers. He has gone along with it rather than done as someone with guts like Cloughie would have done and challenged them openly to put up money to take us forward. He has gone along with it because they have not expected anything much from him in terms of achievement.

Free SL
10-25-2012, 01:51 PM
If they feel money should be spent, they should be making the manager aware of this and setting higher targets.

plastic james
10-25-2012, 01:52 PM
he feels guilty turning on them now.....but the thing is when wenger talked them into building a new stadium..i.e in 2001....football looked different. football has moved on and has become a billionaire's game....

.we're stuck with an economic model from 2001 and the manager is doing a great job keeping us in the top 4. but its a losing battle, wenger is not to blame here

plastic james
10-25-2012, 01:57 PM
we make profit every year because we sell players, if we dont sell players we make no profit i.e there is no money to spend for the manager.

i realised this in 2009 as i read the anual financial report, when our profit came from selling players in 2008, i looked at the 2010 report and it was the same, any profit came from the 2009 selling of players. we basically need to sell to buy

we're stuck with an outdated economic model, and the owner/board has no other solution.

Pokster
10-25-2012, 02:09 PM
until we can increase our sponsorship we will be left in the situation where we try to balance the books.

We do have money to spend, the fact we made money over those years shows we do... the fact AW doesn't spend it is either very prudent, or very stubborn

Cyprus The Immortal Gooner
10-25-2012, 02:20 PM