PDA

View Full Version : we can blame wenger or the players all week long....BUT

plastic james
10-24-2012, 09:42 PM
unless the ownership of this club changes, things will stay the same.

there is simply not enough quality in that squad, quality cost money, if the current ownership cant/wont provide that money, they should sell to usmanov who will.

i dont know what more wenger can do, we can have mourinho/ferguson and cryuff co-managing arsenal, nothing will change unless we get quality players, and again they cost big money.

halfsharkalligatorhalfman
10-24-2012, 09:43 PM
And I would rather not go down the oligarch route, even if it is the only way we stand a hope of getting back to the top again.

Ronaldooooooo
10-24-2012, 09:44 PM

Hendon Gooner (Only Easy Day Was Yesterday))
10-24-2012, 09:46 PM
Wow! That's financial prudence.

If we just could get rid of the dross - then we could afford the good quality players.

Denilson, Bendtner, ****makh, Diaby, Fabianski, Gervinho, Ramsey etc... are all on ludicrous salaries and they are sh#t or in the case of Diaby - made of glass.

http://www.awimb.com/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

Rich
10-24-2012, 09:47 PM
from the Champions League under FFP or, worse still, what happens when Usmanov leaves? We are left with loads of players on silly money and can't afford to pay them any more or sign any other players and start heading down the league.

You need to actually use your brain a little bit - think about the long term. There is no way City and Chelsea will be allowed to keep spending on wages and transfers as they do because it would make a mockery of FIFA and they don't like that. It will be a slow change but Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool are in the best position long term.

I know it's tempting to think we could swap long term stability as one of the world's best clubs for short term (potential) success but that's a rather simple-minded and childish approach.

A more mature outlook would do you no harm.

Jake
10-24-2012, 09:48 PM
that way not everyone will think you're a c**t, imo.

Ronaldooooooo
10-24-2012, 09:49 PM

plastic james
10-24-2012, 09:50 PM
we don't have a choice, lets go that route. in life you don't always make the rules in which you compete with. we can either dream of a oligarch free world and wait for 80 years or get real and be men about it and accept to do what we need to do

Rich
10-24-2012, 09:51 PM
and sponsorship/sale of boxes and/or merchandise all has to represent 'fair market value'.

If FIFA ignored it once the rules are fully in place then every other club in the world would complain and they wouldn't have a leg to stand on and would simply have to be barred from Europe.

Read about it in more detail because I'd like to see some actual examples of how it will work.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
10-24-2012, 09:51 PM

Rich
10-24-2012, 09:52 PM

10-24-2012, 09:52 PM
without someone to 'financially dope' us. And I haven't quite arrived at that yet.

10-24-2012, 09:54 PM
I do hope that you are http://www.awimb.com/images/smiley_icons/wave.gif

Rich
10-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Not being like your type is an advantage in some respects because I am able to think about things in a much more open-minded way.

But then I could never compete with your 'heart' or 'passion'. You should be proud of that.

plastic james
10-24-2012, 09:56 PM
it will never work.

secondly, its just matter of time when 20 rich European teams owned by rich men will understand that they do not need UEFA. they will set up their own league and sell tv rights for 20 billion.

once they reach that position they will make rules between them to spend what they generate, have a closed league and whatch their investment pay for them self.

we, the arsenal need to be involved in the future of football and not be left behind because we have childish dreams.

so richy boy, A more mature outlook would do YOU no harm.

10-24-2012, 09:56 PM

10-24-2012, 09:59 PM
an educated but, nevertheless, limited man.

And now , by your admission I am also your spiritual superior as I have more heart and passion. Happy days http://www.awimb.com/images/smiley_icons/smile.gif

plastic james
10-24-2012, 10:00 PM

Rich
10-24-2012, 10:00 PM
the entire process which is written in black and white?

And yes, clubs could form a breakaway but would the fans be happy with watching their club compete in one competition with no history but a massive, shiny trophy? Would they be happy with having to travel around Europe every other week? Would they be happy with 10 home games per season? Would they be happy with watching their 'FA Cup Final' in Dubai? Obviously not.

In short, that will never happen and FFP will come in and has to be a success for UEFA's integrity. But (and this is the frustrating part) it will take quite a long time.

There really isn't an argument to have about maturity here. You can't even spell like an adult.

10-24-2012, 10:01 PM
And I think that with a not earth-shattering shift in our spending policy we could become contenders again.

Crucially I do believe that Wenger is easily the best man for the job, I just think that a couple of his ideas need bucking up.

Jake
10-24-2012, 10:02 PM

Rich
10-24-2012, 10:03 PM

plastic james
10-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Would fans be happy with 10 home games per season? are you serious? why would a European league of 20 teams have 10 home games?

and they would create a cup to go with their European league

you thick moronic imbecile, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about...get lost

Rich
10-24-2012, 10:05 PM
badly in my day-to-day work.

AWIMB just gives me opportunity to let people know how they come across.

That obviously works both ways.

Billy Goat Sverige
10-24-2012, 10:06 PM
wearing his nose on the back of his head.

Jake
10-24-2012, 10:06 PM

Rich
10-24-2012, 10:08 PM
'Super League'.

Nevertheless, the latter part of your admission is as good as an admission that you were wrong and I was right.

I shall repeat for you - it will never happen.

JJSB
10-24-2012, 10:14 PM

plastic james
10-24-2012, 10:17 PM
milan and inter are both for sale, i imagine they will have super rich owners soon. i wont be surprised if manchester united is sold to an oligarch within 3 years. these clubs along with PSG,chelsea, city, real, barca, bayern, and few more will compete for the best players, which will make it even harder for us.

i'm certain the development of football is going the opposite way of the one we hope and expected in 2005/6 when we moved in to the Emirates.

the landscape is changing in front of our eyes, we need to move along or be left behind imo.